Jewish history walking tour in Vilnius
- Learn about famous local Jews from your guide
- Explore areas that were Jewish ghettos during World War II
- Visit the former Jewish quarter
- Find out where Vilna Gaon lived
- Explore what is left of "Jerusalem of Lithuania" today
Get to know the capital of Lithuania in a unique way during this historical walking tour with a local guide. Step back in time and learn about a community that earned Vilnius the title "Jerusalem of Lithuania" and the times that changed the face of Vilnius Old town forever.
Look for traces of the past while you walk around the former Jewish quarter, Small and big Ghettos during WWII. Learn why and when Jews started moving to Vilnius, where they settled in, what they did. Find out more about famous local Jews, especially Jewish scholar Vilna Gaon. Visit the site of the Great Synagogue and learn about Jewish fate and heritage in Lithuania these days.
On this tour you will see:
- Jewish and Gaono streets
- Monument to Vilna Gaon
- Site of the Great Synagogue
- German street
- Former ghettos during WWII
- Monument to Tsemakh Shabad
- Plaque marking the gate to the Big Ghetto
- Vilnius Choral synagogue (1 Euro additional fee)
- Names of shops in Yiddish preserved on Žemaitijos street
- 2.5-hour walking tour
- Experienced local guide
- Food and drinks
- Admission to the Vilnius choral synagogue (1 Euro)
- Children (ages 0-7): free
- Youth (ages 8-13): reduced
Vilnius Town Hall, Didžioji g. 31, Vilnius 01128, Lithuania
Come to the front of Vilnius Town Hall and look for your guide with a yellow “Vilnius with Locals Tours” sign, bag or name tag.
- Additional 1 EUR fee for entrance to the Vilnius choral synagogue
- Please wear comfortable shoes for the walking tour
- Tours run rain or shine, please dress according to the weather and bring an umbrella if it rains
- April – October: Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays at 10.00 am
- November – March: Fridays and Sundays at 10.00 am
- In July, August, every day except Saturday at 10.00 am
- Please check the calendar for availabilites
Enjoy a guided small-group kayak tour in Trakai paddling through the most picturesque lakes of Lithu...
Explore the backcountry near Vilnius on a guided kickbike tour. Ride along forest paths and rolling ...
Enjoy snowshoeing on the backcountry trails, walk on a frozen lake, explore the medieval Island Cast...
Explore the variety of urban and natural landscapes of Vilnius on an informative and active guided t...
Snowshoe the white hills of Vilnius with a guide with hotel pick-up and transportation included.Afte...
Hike a 6-km trail through the woods and hills, see some ancient burial mounds of Baltic tribes and f...