Soviet History Walking tour in Vilnius
- Learn about what life was like under communist rule from your local guide
- Hear the brave stories of people trying to run away to the West
- See Soviet-era architecture
- Listen to the stories about Lithuania‘s road to independence
Combine sightseeing and history on his 2.5-hour walking tour through Vilnius with a local guide, who will tell you everything you need to know about the Soviet era. On March 11, 1990, Lithuania became the first country to declare independence from the USSR after 50 years of Soviet occupation. Those years had a huge impact on the lives of ordinary people, Lithuania’s culture and its architecture. During this tour, you’ll visit the main Soviet heritage sites and see places that most foreigners miss!
On this tour you will visit:
- Sculpture „Lithuanian Ballad“
- Former Palace of Concerts and Sports
- Green Bridge and banks of the river Neris, CUP – first shopping mall in Vilnius
- First „skyscraper“ of the city
- Lukiskiu square
- Area next to KGB museum of Occupation and freedom fights
- Parliament building
- Memorial to the victims of January events 1991
- 2.5-hour walking tour
- Experienced local guide
- Food and drinks
- Children (ages 0-7): free
- Youth (Ages 8-13): reduced
Gediminas Monument, Šventaragio g., Vilnius 01143, Lithuania
Please come to the Gediminas Monument (a man standing next to a horse) at the Cathedral square and look for your guide with a yellow "Vilnius with Locals" sign or name tag.
- Lots of walking involved, please wear comfortable shoes
- Tours run rain or shine, please dress according to the weather and bring an umbrella if it rains
- April - October: Tours Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 3.00 pm
- November - March: Tours Monday and Saturday at 2.00 pm
Enjoy a guided small-group kayak tour in Trakai paddling through the most picturesque lakes of Lithu...
Explore the backcountry near Vilnius on a guided kickbike tour. Ride along forest paths and rolling ...
Enjoy snowshoeing on the backcountry trails, walk on a frozen lake, explore the medieval Island Cast...
Explore the variety of urban and natural landscapes of Vilnius on an informative and active guided t...
Snowshoe the white hills of Vilnius with a guide with hotel pick-up and transportation included.Afte...
Hike a 6-km trail through the woods and hills, see some ancient burial mounds of Baltic tribes and f...