Full-day tour of the Yorkshire Dales
- Reeth, a picturesque and peaceful vllage in the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
- Masham, visit the small market town famous for the Black Sheep and Theakstons Breweries.
- Aysgarth Falls, picture perfect waterfalls, used in the Hollywood blockbuster, Robin Hood Prince of Theives.
- Grassington, you will have time to explore this traditional Yorkshire village
- Travel aboard a luxury 16 seater minibus and explore the places that coaches can't get to
During this full-day tour of the Yorkshire Dales you will travel aboard a private coach with a professional guide who will give you commentaries and share stories of the region as you enjoy the fantastic views. The tour will leave from York, and after traveling through Boroughbridge and Ripon, you will arrive in Masham (pronounced 'Mass'em') for a morning stop. Here, you will be able to enjoy the town buzzing market, held on Wednesdays and Saturdays. After traveling further into the Dales, you will pass through Middleham, a town whose royal links once earnt it the title of the 'Windsor of the North'. The village of Reeth, a natural amphitheater surrounded by spectacular scenery, will be where you will stop to enjoy your lunch.
In the afternoon you will visit the traditional Yorkshire villages of West Burton and Grassington. You will also have time to admire the waterfalls at Asygarth and hear about the imprisonment of Mary Queen of Scots at Bolton Castle. By the end of your tour you will have traveled through five of the famous Dales, including; Swaledale, Nidderdale, Wensleydale, Bishopdale and Whafedale. Your driver will then take you back to York.
- Transport in a 16-seater minibus
- Driver / guide commentary
- Lunch or refreshments
- Children (5-16 years old)
Duncombe Place, York, YO1 7HD
Opposite the Dean Court Hotel
- Please wear appropriate clothing and comfortable footwear. We also recommend bringing a light raincoat
- You will have several opportunities to walk a few hundred meters to take in a view or a point of interest
- This tour does not accept children under the age of 5
- Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday
- Tour departs at 9.00am, please arrive at least 15mins before for check-in
- Official departure from Duncombe Place (York, YO1 7HD), opposite the Dean Court Hotel
- Tour ends around 5.30pm
Tick off Bronte Country and the Yorkshire Dales National Park and its surrounding highlights on a fu...
Discover the rugged beauty of rural north England on this 8-hour North York Moors and Whitby day tri...
Explore the stunning scenery of the Yorkshire Dales National Park on your own private small-group da...
This Private Day Trip from York provides the opportunity to explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire...
This private day trip from York provides the opportunity to explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire...
Take a day out from York on your own private tour to explore the North York Moors National Park and ...