Haworth, Bolton Abbey and steam trains day trip from York
- Explore Bronte Country, made famous by the Bronte sisters
- See the stunning landscapes of the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Ride on the Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway
- Make a stop at spectacular Bingley Five Rise Lock, the steepest lock staircase in Britain
Tick off Bronte Country and the Yorkshire Dales National Park and its surrounding highlights on a full-day tour from York. You will explore the natural expanse and visit the Pennine village of Haworth, Bingley Five Rise Locks, and Bolton Abbey, home to the 12th-century ruins of an Augustinian monastery.
The first stop is at the Bingley Five Rise Locks where you will see the highest Staircase Lock in the UK, a spectacular feat of engineering constructed in 1774 as part of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal. You can explore and photograph the working locks, or just enjoy a leisurely Yorkshire Brew and soak up the local atmosphere in the nearby cafe. You will then arrive in Haworth, on the edge of the rugged Pennine Moors, where the Bronte family lived from 1820 and the sisters wrote their famous novels, for a two-hour stopover lunchtime. You can visit the Bronte Parsonage Museum and the Bronte Memorial Chapel in the nearby Church where their father preached, or just explore the quaint shops on the cobbled main street and have a leisurely lunch in one of the traditional cafes - the choice is yours!
You’ll also have the opportunity to take a ride on the Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway for a small supplement.
- Relaxed and friendly small-group tour
- Driver/guide and commentary
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned mini-coach
- Regular photo/refreshment/toilet stops
- Entrance fees to optional attractions
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Opposite the Dean Court Hotel, Duncombe Place, York, YO1 7EF (near York Minster)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum age is 4 years
This small-group guided day trip from York takes you to the stunning landscape of the Yorkshire Dale...
Discover the rugged beauty of rural north England on this 8-hour North York Moors and Whitby day tri...
Explore the stunning scenery of the Yorkshire Dales National Park on your own private small-group da...
This Private Day Trip from York provides the opportunity to explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire...
This private day trip from York provides the opportunity to explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire...
Take a day out from York on your own private tour to explore the North York Moors National Park and ...