Private Haworth, Bolton Abbey and Yorkshire Dales tour from York
- Explore the Yorkshire Dales with the help of a private guide
- Visit Bolton Abbey and Bronte Country
This Private Day Trip from York provides the opportunity to explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire Dales National Park, including the West Yorkshire Pennine Village of Haworth (made famous by the Bronte sisters and home to the Bronte Parsonage Museum), Bingley Five Rise Locks (the most spectacular feature of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal), the traditional Yorkshire Dales village of Linton (with its stone bridges and limestone falls), Bolton Abbey (where you will see the stunning setting of the ruins of the 12th Century Augustinian Monastery); and learn about the history of the area from your guide as you enjoy the spectacular scenery of the National Park.You will be picked up at 9.00am from your choice of location in York for this guided day trip to explore Bronte Country and the scenic and picturesque Yorkshire Dales National Park. You will have a comfortable minicoach with air-conditioning and a driver/guide, exclusively for your group of up to 15 people.
You will head off for Bronte Country in the West Yorkshire Pennines. The first stop is at the Bingley Five Rise Locks wwhere you can explore and photograph the working locks, or just enjoy a leisurely Yorkshire Brew and soak up the local atmosphere in the nearby cafe. You will then arrive in Haworth, on the edge of the rugged Pennine Moors, where the Bronte family lived from 1820 and the sisters wrote their famous novels, for a two and a half hour stop over lunchtime. You can visit the Bronte Parsonage Museum and the Bronte Memorial Chapel in the nearby Church where their father preached, or just explore the quaint shops on the cobbled main street and have a leisurely lunch in one of the traditional cafes.
You will arrive in the picture postcard setting of the traditional Dales village of Linton for another photo opportunity at Linton Falls, before continuing your journey through the National Park. The final stop is at Bolton Abbey, where entry is free and you will have time to explore the Priory Church and ruins of the 12th Century Augustinian Priory in its beautiful riverside setting, or maybe take the stepping stones challenge if you are feeling more adventurous.
- Private tour just for your group
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned minicoach
- Driver/guide provides live commentary
- Regular photo/refreshment/toilet stops
- Entrance fees to optional attractions
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Children under 4 years can be accepted on private tours, on the condition that the customer brings a suitable Child Car Seat with them
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Adverse weather/road conditions, particularly during the winter months, may result in the route and itinerary having to be changed on the day
Tick off Bronte Country and the Yorkshire Dales National Park and its surrounding highlights on a fu...
This small-group guided day trip from York takes you to the stunning landscape of the Yorkshire Dale...
Discover the rugged beauty of rural north England on this 8-hour North York Moors and Whitby day tri...
Explore the stunning scenery of the Yorkshire Dales National Park on your own private small-group da...
This private day trip from York provides the opportunity to explore Bronte Country and the Yorkshire...
Take a day out from York on your own private tour to explore the North York Moors National Park and ...