Zagreb walking tour
- Learn about the history of Croatia's majestic capital
- Stroll Zagreb's charming streets with a local expert guide
- Admire iconic sights like the cathedral, Lotršćak Tower and Stone Gate
- See the gorgeous Zrinjevac public park
The city of Zagreb, Croatia's capital, is the country's historic and political threshold between the east and west, exemplifying both the continental and Mediterranean spirit of the nation it spearheads. During your Zagreb wakling your, you'll see:
- Zrinjevac, located in front of the Music Pavilion, an open-air concert stage since the 19th century
- Main Square where you will learn about Ban Jelačić and see his monumental public sculpture, Zagreb's first of its kind
- The Upper Town consisting of the two medieval settlements from where the city sprouted: Kaptol and Gradec
- The iconic Hermann Bollé fountain with gold-plated statues of the Virgin Mary and four angels situated in front of the Zagreb Cathedral
- Dolac, a buzzing open food market known as the ''belly of Zagreb'' where you can buy or taste fresh local products
- Tkalča, a long pedestrian street filled with cafes and bars
- Stone Gate – an archway where candles always burn for the city's patron saint, St.Mary of the Stone Gate
- The colorful Church of St. Mark, one of the city's oldest buildings
- Parliament and the Government Palace buildings
- Croatian Museum of Naïve Art, which houses 1500 works by mostly Croatian artists
- St.Catherine's church, which has survived two fires and was refurnished with help from wealthy Croatian nobles who, in return, they were allowed to display their family coat-of-arms or have the honour to be buried or entombed in the church.
- Statue of poet Antun Gustav Matoš, which sits on a bench beside Strossmayer Promenade
- Lotršćak Tower, named for its bell campana latrunculorum –the thieves’ bell--which chimed in the evening to signal the closing of the town gates
- Licensed guide
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children 13 years old and under: reduced
- Zrinjevac park, in front of the Music Pavilion
- Dress code is smart and casual
- Tour requires a minimum of two standard price bookings to operate. In the event of the tour being cancelled due to not meeting the minimum booking requirements, you will receive a full refund
If you’re visiting Zagreb for the first time, this walking tour with a professional local guide will...
Experience a very special journey which will successfully combine your passion for wine and your thi...
Get to know the oldest and most famous Croatian National Park Plitvice Lakes and the unique, still u...
Explore the sensational Plitvice Lakes National Park on this one day tour from Zagreb. Before arrivi...
Explore the mountainous region of Croatian Zagorje and enjoy a guided tour of the Trakoscan Castle, ...
Walk to the most beautiful parts of the city of Zagreb and get to know the unique combination of nat...