1-day tour to discover the Swiss traditions in Appenzell
- Enjoy the panoramic highway along beautiful Lake Zurich
- Visit the Lindt Chocolate Shop
- Explore a cheese show dairy including cheese tasting
- Discover Swiss traditions at the Heritage Museum
Drive in a comfortable minibus (max. 16 passengers) on the panoramic highway along beautiful Lake Zürich to the Lindt Chocolate Shop, heaven for all chocolate lovers! Buy some of the most delicious Swiss chocolate at best conditions as a gift for your friends and family back home.
Continue via the city of Rapperswil with its medieval castle to the green and hilly region of Appenzell. In Stein you visit the show dairy where the famous Appenzeller cheese is made! Learn about the cheese production and try some samples of this rich aged cheese during a cheese tasting.
Enjoy your afternoon at leisure (approx. three hours) discovering the picturesque village of Appenzell. Stroll through the quaint pedestrian zone with its painted wooden houses. Enjoy a local specialty in one of the cozy restaurants, pass by at the visitor centre of the local brewery "Brauquöll Appenzell" and visit the heritage museum. You will be fascinated by its rich culture and interesting history.
In the late afternoon, meet again your guide who leads you to the square of the cantonal assembly, the "Landsgemeindeplatz", and explains you the particular, political traditions of this region. Furthermore, you visit a traditional bakery before driving back to Zürich.
- Live guided in English and German
- Transportation in comfortable minibus (max. 16 passengers)
- Visit of Lindt Chocolate Shop
- Visit of show dairy, incl. cheese tasting
- Admission to the Appenzell Heritage Museum
- Personal expenses
Limmatstrasse 4, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
The departure place, the Sihlquai Coach Terminal (Limmatstrasse 5), is located behind the train station next to the hotel Walhalla. The meeting point is at a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here" signs.
- Infants (0 – 5 years): not recommended on our small group excursions. Exceptions on request.
- April, November and December: Mondays and Fridays at 10.00am
- From May to October: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays at 10.00am
- Meeting time 15 minutes before the starting time
On this two-hour classic city tour you get to discover Zurich, the business and cultural center of S...
This enchanting morning tour takes you on a scenic route to Northern Switzerland and shows you the s...
Don't miss the highlight of your Swiss holiday. Take this thrilling and unforgettable full-day excur...
Enjoy a cozy night in Zurich on this evening tour! After a short introductory city tour get out of t...
This half-day tour brings you from the city of Zurich, or from its airport, to the medieval Castle L...
This exceptional super saver package shows you Zürich's most popular sights such as the National Mus...