Full-day tour of Lucerne and Pilatus Mystic Mountain with panoramic gondola
- Stroll through Lucerne's charming Old Town
- Ascend Mount Pilatus in a panoramic gondola and aerial cableway
- Enjoy a traditional lunch in a cozy Swiss Mountain Restaurant
Join this full-day tour to the charming town of Lucerne and Mount Pilatus, one of Switzerland's most majestic mountains. Enjoy a typical Swiss lunch and explore the summit of the so-called Dragon Mountain in your free time.
From Zürich your coach will take you on a scenic journey through the beautiful countryside and along the Lake of the Four Cantons to the town of Lucerne. Take in the views during a short photo stop en route and enjoy a brief city tour, where your guide will point out the main attractions of this charming town like the Chapel Bridge, the Town Hall, the Jesuit Church and the Culture and Congress Center. Enjoy the following leisure time to stroll through Lucerne's beautiful Old Town before heading to Kriens. Here you will take the panoramic gondola to Fräkmüntegg. Continue your ascent by the spectacular aerial cableway "Dragon Ride" and enjoy the jaw dropping views out of the panoramic windows, specially designed to give the feeling of flying.
At the peak of Mount Pilatus (2132m) a mystical, white winter paradise awaits you. According to the legend, kind dragons and numerous ghosts used to inhabit this mountain. Warm up in the cozy Swiss Mountain Restaurant and enjoy a traditional lunch. If snow conditions allow it, venture down the Dragon's Path or go for short hike to the summit. Later you can relax inside the Panorama Gallery admiring magnificent views over the surrounding mountains of the Swiss Alps and the blue lakes in the valleys below. Descend again by aerial cable car and take the public bus back to Lucerne. In the evening, meet again with your guide for the coach journey back to Zurich.
- Guided in English and German from Zürich to Kriens and Lucerne to Zürich
- Transportation in comfortable coach bus
- Panoramic gondolas and aerial cable car Dragon Ride
- Value voucher for lunch in the amount of CHF 20 per adult and CHF 10 per child
- Personal expenses
- No tour guide on ascent/descent at Mt. Pilatus and bus ride back to Lucerne
- Children (ages 6-15)
- Infant (ages 0-5) Free
The Sihlquai Coach Terminal, located behind the train station next to the hotel Walhalla (Limmatstrasse 5). Look for a white ticket office marked with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here" sign.
- Your tour guide will not join you during the ascent/descent at Mount Pilatus
- You will receive information for parts of the tour where guide is not present
- In your information packet customers will also receive a ticket for the public transportation and a map where with the bus details
- Panoramic gondola and aerial cable car, Dragon Ride, does not operate from 21 October to 08 November 2019, due to maintenance
- From April to 03 May 2019 and 17 November 2019 to early May 2020
- Daily at 9.30am (Meeting time 15 minutes before)
On this two-hour classic city tour you get to discover Zurich, the business and cultural center of S...
This enchanting morning tour takes you on a scenic route to Northern Switzerland and shows you the s...
Don't miss the highlight of your Swiss holiday. Take this thrilling and unforgettable full-day excur...
This full day excursion will take you to the center of the Alps, the idyllic Bernese Oberland. Locat...
Enjoy a cozy night in Zurich on this evening tour! After a short introductory city tour get out of t...
This spectacular small group tour takes you off the beaten track right into the heart of the Swiss A...