The begums, princesses, empresses, and even courtesans of the Mughal era were highly incredible women. History is full of intriguing tales about the personal as well as public lives of these ladies, some of whom, even played major roles in the affairs of the state. Names such as Khanzada Begum, Mumtaz Mahal, Noor Jahan, and Jahanara Begum continue to evoke a sense of awe to date. During this walk, your storyteller will narrate and also share many engrossing tales about these mighty ladies. In fact, the life story of Noor Jahan alone is sufficient to leave one thunderstruck. This walk will give you lots of interesting inputs on these ladies of yore, who heavily influenced the cultural life as well as the political dynamics of the day. Many of these ladies were extremely well-read and highly refined culturally. We will start this walk from Itmad-ud-Daula and visit the tomb of Mirza Ghiyas-ud-din Beg, the father of the legendary Noor Jahan.
The Enigmatic Mughal Women
- Learn about the begums, princesses, and empresses of the Mughal
- Visit the tomb of Mirza Ghiyas-ud-din Beg, the father of the legendary Noor Jahan
- Story-teller guide
- Entrance fees
- Guided walking tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Children (12-17 years)
- During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Pick-up from your hotel in Agra city only
- Please bring your own water bottles, sunglasses and caps
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended
- Children under the age of 12 are unable to participate in this tour
- Supplement for pick-up from hotels close to expressway:
- USD 20 Per Person (2-5 Pax)
- USD 12 Per Person (6-7 Pax)
- Starting time 9.00 am
Discover the city of Agra and its monuments with this incredible tour. First of all, you'll be picke...
Enjoy an incredible guided tour of the city of Agra and discover some of its most famous landmarks. ...
Early morning is perhaps the best time to visit the Taj Mahal. This spectacular monument somehow loo...
There is a world of difference between eating out and visiting a local household to share a meal. Yo...
The idyllic city of Dholpur in the state of Rajasthan is perfect for a quick serene holiday. The mos...
Visit this unique café run by 5 acid attack survivors. Sheroes Hangout is located on the road leadin...