Tickets with audio-guide for the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento
- Admire an incredible landscape and monumental heritage, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the largest archaeological site in the world with over 1300 hectares
- Discover the ancient remains of the city of Akragas, one of the most important colonies in Sicily
- Observe an extraordinary agricultural landscape, characterized by olive and almond trees
The Archaeological and Landscape Park of the Valley of Temples in Agrigento is an archaeological site in Sicily which boasts an incredible state of conservation.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1997, the Valley of Temples offers one of the largest archaeological complexes in the Mediterranean. It is characterized by an agricultural landscape of rare beauty, dominated by century-old olive trees and almond trees, and comprises no less than ten Doric temples, shrines, several necropolises, some hydraulic works such as the Kolymbethra Garden, and the Hypogea.
Located in this spellbinding valley is the Temple of Concordia, a temple that belonged to the ancient Greek city of Akragas, one of the most important Greek colonies in Sicily, built around 582 BCE by settlers from nearby Gela and Rhodes.
- Admission ticket
- Guided tour
- EU citizens aged 18-25
- Permanent EU state school teachers
Free (special discount)
- EU and non-EU citizens up to 17 years of age
- Differently-abled EU citizens and their carers
- Permanent or fixed-term Italian teaching staff (upon presenting valid identification document)
- EU tourist guides and interpreters
- ICOM and ICCROM members
- EU teachers and students of Master's and PhD courses in Architecture, Cultural Heritage Conservation, Educational Sciences, and Arts or Humanities with Archaeology and Art History programs; students and teachers of equivalent universities and specialization courses in other EU countries; Socrates and Erasmus students (upon valid identification document)
- Journalists in the Italian national register or from a foreign country.
- Ministry of Cultural Heritage employees, permanent staff of the Regional Department for Cultural Heritage and Sicilian Identity, honorary inspectors of Sicilian cultural heritage.
- Art history and high school teachers.
Archaeological and Landscape Park of the Valley of the Temples
Strada Panoramica dei Templi
Redeem your voucher at the ticket office of the Temple of Juno (top of the hill)
- The ticket is valid for 1 day. You may access the sites at any time during the opening hours
- Free admission on the first Sunday of every month
- The audioguide is available in Italian, English, Spanish, French, and German
- In order to take advantage of the discount/free admission, you must present a valid identity document at the ticket office. Visitors who fail to meet this requirement will not be admitted to the site.
- The entrance ticket includes access to the Jan Fabre exhibition. Ecstasy & Oracles, running from July 07 to November 04, 2018.
- Every day from 8.30 am to 8 pm
- The ticket office closes 1 hour earlier
Treat yourself to a real journey into the past, into a story that will leave you breathless! The Arc...
The Valley of the Temples is an archaeological site in Agrigento (ancient Greek Akragas), Sicily. It...
The birth house of the great writer and playwright Luigi Pirandello, located in a country district i...
The cloister belonging to the Benedictine Abbey of S. Maria la Nuova, founded in 1174 at the behest ...
Agrigento settles on the acropolis of the ancient Greek city. Its urban plan combines 25 centuries o...
Through this tour, you will have the chance to admire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hi...
La Zisa, costruita nel XII secolo, fu concepita durante la dominazione normanna in Sicilia. La sua f...
This 2-hour private guided tour starts from Porta di Ponte and winds its way along the Via Atenea, t...
The archaeological site of Eraclea Minoa extends along a white promontory, overlooking an enchanting...
This private tour, lasting for about 3.5 hours, will give you the opportunity to explore the culture...