Art, Architecture and Fine Wine private tour at Château La Coste
- Admire thirty major art installations with among others the artworks of Louise Bourgeois, Alexander Calder
- Discover Château La Coste, north of Aix-en-Provence, a place dedicated to wine and the French "Art de Vivre"
- Enjoy a relaxing and inspiring moment in a unique place of wine, art, and architecture.
You will have the choice to start the tour in Marseille or Aix-en-Provence. Leaving by car, a short drive through the Provence countryside to Château La Coste located just north of Aix-en-Provence.
Depending on your predilection, Château la Coste, north of Aix-en-Provence, is either an estimable winemaker with a sideline in contemporary art or a marvel of modern architecture with an open-air gallery that happens to have a vineyard attached. Whatever the viewpoint Château La Coste is an exceptional discovery of art, architecture & fine wine. Wine tasting included. 'La Coste combines all the elements of the perfect French Art de Vivre - a unique artistic experience in an atmosphere of calm luxury. It's an atypical art estate in a protected environment.
You will visit the art center and the bookshop, before starting the walking tour of the park.
Strolling through the domain, you will see over thirty major art installations scattered throughout the domain amongst oak trees, hundred-year-old pines, vines & lavender fields. You will enjoy the creations of architecture from - Tadao Ando, Jean Nouvel, Renzo Piano & Frank O.Geary. Artworks include Louise Bourgeois, Alexander Calder, Larry Neufeld, Ai Weiwei, Sean Scully, Andy Goldsworthy, Michael Stipe, Tom Shannon, Tracey Emin, and Liam Gillick.
You will finish the tour with a tasting of a selection of the Chateau La Coste wine, learn about the production at this award-winning vineyard.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel, address or the cruise terminal, or Gare St Charles in Marseille or at the TGV (high-speed train) station, Aix-en-Provence.
- Travel to Château La Coste with dedicated guide/driver
- Wine tasting of the Domaine’s selection of fine wine
- Admission to the park & vineyard.
- Pick up from out of Marseille or Aix-en-Provence area (please ask for details - supplement may be payable) Guide gratuitiesPersonal expenses
- Child under 10 years old
- Youth from 11 to 17
- Senior from 65 years old
- You will be picked up at your hotel, address or the cruise terminal, or Gare St Charles in Marseille or at the TGV (high-speed train) station, Aix-en-Provence.
- Please make sure to be at the pick-up point, 10 minutes before departure
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- The total duration of the tour is 5 hours to and from Marseille, slightly less from Aix-en-Provence. The timings can be flexible to suit your schedule
- You might also like to combine a half-day morning tour in Aix, with this afternoon visit to Château la Coste.
- There are plenty of places to enjoy lunch at La Coste, your guide will propose this and adjust your schedule accordingly.
- Please remember sunscreen and a sun hat in summer and warm clothing in the winter and comfortable walking shoes
- There is the opportunity to purchase wine and other products
- Every day
- Departure time will be confirmed with your driver/guide
With this free sensorial visit, L'Occitane en Provence opens the doors of its factory in Manosque, b...
If you want to have a general overview of the 'Most Beautiful Villages in France', this tour is made...
The south of France is one of the most beautiful regions in the country and it is well known for its...
During this 2-hour retro sidecar tour, you will discover the most beautiful of the Aixoises, the mou...
On this special day, you will discover the picturesque village of Les Baux-de-Provence on a vintage ...
From Aix-en-Provence, your guide will drive you aboard a retro side-car to Château La Coste, an idea...