Barolo and Barbaresco wine tasting between Langhe and Roero
- Visit a historic winery in Roero
- Taste Barolo and Barbaresco wines
- Discover the most beautiful part of Piemonte
Tenuta Carretta is a member of the Grand Wine Tour: an association of the finest wineries across Italy offering exclusive wine tastings, boutique hotels, Michelin-starred restaurants and unique activities dedicated to wine lovers and a luxury clientele. TGWT Mark of Excellence is the very first Italian certification of quality distinguishing high standards in wine tourism hospitality.
Tenuta Carretta is rooted centuries in the past, deriving its name from the noblewoman 'domina Careta' from the Constanzi di Alba Family. The most ancient testimony to the cultivation of grapes for wine in the 'cassina Careta' region is found in a notary deed approved by Count Andrea Damiano on the 28 November 1467. This document indicates the start of the history of winemaking on this property with the Miroglio di Alba Family taking center stage from 1985.
Today, its atmosphere and location are certainly two things that render the Tenuta Carretta a unique place. The plot of land rises in an elevated position above the small valley of Piobesa d'Alba. The landscape is marked by small hills covered in vineyards - a truly picturesque vision. The beauty of this natural place inspired the idea of the 'Grape’s Road', a project of vine-trekking between the vineyards of the Tenuta Carretta. This activity allows the guests to discover the authentic beauty of Roero.
At the Tenuta Carretta, wine lovers can familiarize themselves with the principles that guide the wine production and follow the production process itself from the harvesting of the grapes all the way to the bottling of the wine. Guests can choose between various tasting options both in the wine shop and the wine cellar. Here, the wines are produced exclusively from grapes harvested on this land between Langhe and Roero. The wine cellar, for the main part, is underground, covered by a grass lawn, helping to naturally maintain the ideal temperature and humidity for the winemaking process and aging.
- I Bianchi del Roero: Langhe DOC Favorita, Cayega Roero Arneis DOCG, Canorei Roero Arneis DOCG, Le Gerbore Passito
- Le Riserve: Barolo Cannubi, Barbaresco Cascina Bordino, Roero Riserva Bric Paradiso
- I Nebbioli di Tenuta Carretta: Podio Langhe DOC Nebbiolo, Nebbiolo d’Alba DOC, Tavoleto Nebbiolo d’Alba DOC, Garassino Barbaresco DOCG, Cascina Ferrero Barolo DOCG
- Percorso quattro vini “selezione” + tagliere: Cayega Roero Arneis DOCG, Caonrei Roero Arneis DOCG (affinato in legno), Bric Quercia Barbera d’Alba DOC Superiore, Garassino Barbaresco DOCG
- Percorso cinque vini (due vini “selezione” e tre vini “riserva”) + tagliere: Cayega Roero Arneis DOCG, Canorei Roero Arneis DOCG (affinato in legno), Bric Paradiso Roero DOCG Riserva, Cascina Bordino Barbaresco DOCG, Cannubi Barolo DOCG
- La verticale di Barolo Cannubi: Barolo “Cannubi” Riserva 2012, Barolo “Cannubi” Riserva 2011, Barolo “Cannubi” Riserva 2010
- Couple basket: 2 sandwiches from Ristorante 21.9 (your choice), 1 bottle Cayega 375ml, 2 bottles of water 500ml, hazelnut cake, gift: 10% discount to use at the wine shop
- Family basket (3 people): 3 Sandwiches from Ristorante 21.9 (your choice), 1 bottle Cayega 375ml, 2 bottles of water 500ml, 1 soft drink (Cola\Aranciata\Chinotto), hazelnut cake, the book La storia della vite e del vino, gift: 10% discount to use at the wine shop
- Family basket (4 people): 4 Sandwiches from Ristorante 21.91, bottle Cayega 375ml, 2 bottles of water 500ml, 2 soft drink (Cola\Aranciata\Chinotto), hazelnut cakes, the book La storia della vite e del vino, gift: 10% discount to use at the wine shop
Each basket will also contain: 1 branded blanket (Tenuta Carretta\Malgra\Edoardo Miroglio), 2 Wine glasses, 1 corkscrew, napkins, Tenuta Carretta brochure and wine trekking map
In case of picnic reservations, please choose (you can find the menu here) and indicate at the time of purchase the selected sandwiches. The picnic experience is available every day except Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Private guided tour of the winery and vineyards
- Private tasting
Children (0-18): free (no tasting)
Località Carretta, 2, 12040 Piobesi d'Alba (CN)
- Every day at 10.00am and at at 3.00pm
Visit the Josetta Saffirio winery and taste 4 wines (including Barolo). Come and discover the histor...
Experience an authentic truffle hunt with our trifulau (truffle hunters) and their tabui (truffle do...
Visit the Josetta Saffirio winery and taste wines of local production in combination with typical Pi...
Turn into a chef for one day! Before or after (depending on the time chosen) the guided tour of the ...
Visit the winery, discover the history of the company and learn about the production process. Then t...
What could be more exciting than enjoying the landscape of vineyards and castles among the gentle hi...