Alghero private walking tour with a local guide
- Enjoy a full immersion tour of the ancient Alghero, its main monuments and historical buildings
- Explore the animated historic centre, with its Gothic palazzi and cafe-lined piazzas
- Discover the Church of S.Francesco and the Church of S.Michele, with its brightly colored majolica dome
- Spot the fascinating medieval towers: Torre di Porta Terra and Torre di San Giovanni
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Alghero, one of Sardinia's most picturesque medieval cities. Although largely given over to tourism, the town hasn't given up its unique character and it retains a proud and independent spirit.
During this 2.5-hour your expert guide will take you to discover the secrets and the wonders of this ancient city, surronded by sturdy defence walls that were built between the 13th to the 16th century and characterised by the preserved usage of the Catalan language (and, for this reason, nicknamed “la Barceloneta”, little Barcellona).
You will see the majestic Cattedrale (cathedral) di Santa Maria, the Piazza Civica, the Church of S.Francesco with its beautiful 13th century cloister and the Church of S.Michele, with its brightly colored majolica dome.
Marvel in front of the 14th-century Torre Porta a Terra, which is all that remains of Porta a Terra, one of the two main gates into the medieval city. Then get to see Torre di San Giovanni, an impressive medieval tower now used to stage temporary art exhibitions.
And there's so much more! Alghero's animated historic centre is indeed a terrific place to hang out, beside being one of the best preserved in Sardinia.
Just one tip: don't forget to bring your camera with you!
- private tour led by an expert guide
- food & drinks
- entrance to museums/churches/palaces (in case you decide to visit some of them, you can buy your ticket on the spot)
Meet your tour guide next to the taxi stop area.
- please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee
- the tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- this private tour is available every day starting at: 10.00am, 11.00am, 12.00pm, 2.00pm, 3.00pm, 4.00pm
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
Hop on your e-bike and discover the wild Island of Asinara. Your guide will help you explore and lea...
Visit the most beautiful beaches of the Riviera del Corallo – Le Bombarde, Lazzaretto and Mugoni –, ...
Friday, November 22nd third act for 'Special Request' the new We Play club night The Music We Love. ...
DANCITY WINTER 2019 26th / 27th / 28th December Auditorium S. Domenico, Foligno _____ PROGRAM: Openi...