For the cheese lovers, this is the perfect 2.5-hour combination tour to enjoy Amsterdam.
Start your trip with a walking tour through the streets of downtown Amsterdam. Then complete your visit to the city with a cheese tasting in one of the most emblematic cheese factories in the city.
On this tour, you’ll hear the stories you’d never hear otherwise. With an expert guide, you’ll experience the history of this city, from its start as a muddy village on the River Amstel, to how it became the most important trading city in Europe. From the wild history of prostitution and drug decriminalization to the tragedy of Anne Frank’s story and Nazi occupation, the aim is to give you a perfect introduction to this city.
After the tour, you’ll have all the time you want to explore further with fellow travelers.
During the tour you will see:
- Visit the heart of Amsterdam at Dam Square where you will see The Royal Palace, The Niuewekerk or the National Monument
- In the middle of the Red Light District, you will see the Oudekerk (The Old Church)
- Walk through the Chinese Quarter where you will find the Buddhist Temple of Amsterdam
- Then see the new market and San Antón Gate
- Hear about the Jewish Quarter and the sad history of the World War II
- At Spui Square, visit The Begijnhof Gardens and then learn about the Flower Market or the San Francisco Church
- Walk through the Amsterdam Museum