Start your tour at THIS IS HOLLAND, the ultimate virtual flight experience over the Netherlands in Amsterdam! While flying over the beautiful landscapes, you will get an idea of how Holland was created. For the Dutch, water is both a best friend and an enemy alike: using mounds, dikes, windmills and polders, they succeeded in reclaiming land from the sea. The spectacular filming will give you a breathtaking aerial view of this extraordinary country and the special sound and smell effects will make you feel like you really are flying like a bird!
Then, you'll see the wonderful Dutch landscape with your own eyes as you hop on the comfortable bus that will take you to the countryside just north of Amsterdam within 15 minutes. Hop on and off as you please! Each stop provides its own special slice of the Dutch culture and tradition. Enjoy self-guided walking tours with an audio guide or just walk around and admire the typical historic villages. En route, enjoy amazing country views away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Enjoy your favorite places at your own leisure, deciding how much time to spend in each of them: the buses leave every 45 minutes from each stop giving you the freedom and flexibility that cannot be found otherwise.
Hop-on-hop-off bus stops - cheese, windmills and Dutch villages:
- THIS IS HOLLAND (departure point with last departure at 2.30pm)
- Zaanse Schans - Behold the famous windmills in the characteristic village of Zaanse Schans (last departure at 5.55pm)
- Edam - During the Middle Ages, one of the most important cities in Holland; nowadays, a charming historic town (last departure at 6.15pm)
- Volendam - This old fisherman’s village has a very beautiful harbor and breathes tradition (last departure at 6.25pm)
- Cheese Farm Henri Willig - Discover the art of cheese making during a free guided tour (last departure at 5.05pm)
- Monnickendam - Founded by monks, find out all about the history of this hidden gem (last departure at 6.45pm)