Small group tour: Volendam and Zaanse Schans
- Visit Zaanse Schans and admire its perfectly well-preserved historic windmills and houses
- Have a tour of a windmill and learn about the way millers work
- Drop by the authentic fishing village of Volendam and learn about its traditions on a museum tour
- Enjoy some local cheese at the Cheesefactory
This small group tour to Volendam and Zaanse Schans is a perfect opportunity to experience the countryside of Amsterdam, which is one of the most popular touristic attractions in Holland. Zaanse Schans is famous for its historical atmosphere, authentic warehouses and working windmills. This is one of the few places in Holland where there are still multiple working windmills on one place.
Once in Zaanse Schans, you'll be invited by the local miller to enter the windmill for a tour. Look at the passion and love the miller has for its windmill! Then it's on to the vibrant fishing village of Volendam, where you have a visit to the local museumto know about the traditions of the area, including the traditional clothing, music and habits.
After the visit to this museum, we will visit the Cheesefactory. Here you will learn everything there is to know about cheese. And of course the most important part is tasting! When you are done with tasting, you can try a delicious lunch in a fish restaurant or another local dish like “poffertjes” (not included). When everyone is satisfied, your group will return to Amsterdam by a scenic drive trough the countryside.
- Deluxe coach
- Tour in a windmill
- Entrance to Volendam Museum
- Demonstration and tasting in Cheese factory
- Reduced price for children aged 4-12 years
- Free for children under 3 years
Amsterdam Centraal, De Ruijterkade 34a, 1012 AB Amsterdam, Netherlands
Check in at least 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the tour at the tour operator's office in the Central Station’s IJ hall (on the far eastern side).
- Languages: English and Spanish (live guide)
- You can choose the language at the time you arrive at the meeting point
- Daily at 09.45am and 15.15pm
- Please check in at the departure point at least 30 minutes before departure
If high temperatures make you feel like a fish out of water and the cold doesn’t scare you, the Xtra...
Escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam on a half-day guided tour of the Dutch countryside, starti...
Enjoy the fascinating private walking tour of the beautiful city of Amsterdam and discover its uniqu...
During your Amsterdam walking tour, your local expert guide will take you through the city's most fa...
Passing through the typical Dutch landscape you’ll drive in about one hour and a half to the Dutch V...
Amsterdam is best seen from the water, and on this 75-minute canal cruise you’ll experience the best...