Athens: Small-Group Food Tour
- Food walking tour of Athens
- Taste savory Greek delicacies
- Experience the vibrant Varvakeios food market
- Visit specialty food shops offering an array of fruit, spices and meats
- Fully guided tour with local English-speaking guide
Welcome to Greece, white and blue country. This tour takes you on a culinary journey of taste, color, smell and texture, right below the striking Acropolis in the heart of Athens’ historic city center. Walk along the historic streets of Athens while indulging in traditional Greek cuisine! This tour allows you to savor a wide variety of local delicacies, ranging from the mouthwatering, syrupy "loukoumades" to traditional "bougatsa", "pastourma", rusks and olives. Visit delicatessens, aromatic bakeries and sweet shops, restaurants, dairies, spice merchants, grocery stores and pie shops where you will sample traditional Greek food, including the ever-popular koulouri, a circular bread with sesame seeds.
With you, a licensed guide, he will lead you to on a food stroll and introduce you to small, hidden specialty food shops. Listen to commentary about the unique and intricate culinary heritage of Greece, as well as the famous Mediterranean diet, hailed today as a model of healthy living.
A genuine Athenian food tour would not be complete without a visit to the vibrant and central Varvakeios food market. Its bustling energy and colorful world of fruit and spice stalls and meat and fish vendors truly make for a cultural experience!
- Food specialist guide
- Food and beverages sampling (22 various foods and drinks)
- Brochure with all places visited by the tour
- Lunch or dinner
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
- Infants ages 0-5: free
- Children ages 6-11 and students ages 12-18: reduced rate
Omonoia 68, Athina 104 31, Greece
Τhe meeting point is outside Panepistimio metro station at “Korai” pedestrian walkway, in front of the Zara Department Store (opposite the University of Athens) and 32, Stadiou street, next to Starbucks café. Your tour guide will hold an orange colored “Athens Walking Tours” sign to identify him/her. In case you use the metro to come to the meeting point, please follow the "Korai" Exit signs.
- Daily (except on Sundays)
- Tour starts at 9.30am and ends close to Monastiraki metro station at about 1.00pm
If you're looking to explore Attika beyond Athens, you'll appreciate this great half-day tour, compl...
Your Athens market tour and Greek cooking lesson is not just a simple cooking demonstration, but a c...
Located at 52 Adrianou Street in Monastiraki, just a stone’s throw away from the historic city cente...
Stroll through the streets of Athens after the sun goes down and admire the illuminated edifices of ...
What's the point of visiting Athens without seeing the Acropolis? This is a must-see attraction, a s...
Visit Athens, Europe’s first cultural capital, and get more out of your visit with the Athens City P...