Discover Athens through its food culture! You will taste superb Greek pastries, wine, cheese, salamis, and many more authentic Greek delicacies through a detailed and fun tour. You will learn about the history and secrets of the Greek extra virgin olive oil by a unique seminar and taste 3 of the best olive oils of Greece.
This Gastronomy experience includes:
- Extra virgin olive oil seminar and tasting
- 3 Greek types of olives. 'Kalamon', 'Athinoelia' & 'Throumpa Thasos''
- Variety of cheese and cold cuts from all around Greece
- 'Ntakakia' bites, i.e. :barley rusks with spread cheese-olives-tomato- capers / or: Greek salad with sweet cherry tomatoes from Crete, pickled cucumbers, sea salt from Kithira island, 'Anevato' (semi-cream cheese), oregano from Taygetos mountain and extra virgin olive oil
- Fava beans salad
- Smoked eggplant salad with all the seasonal vegetables
- 'Ntolma', i.e.: wine leaves stuffed with rice
- 'Soutzoukaki politiko', i.e. : meat balls in tomato sauce, a traditional recipe from Istanbul
- Wine: "moschophilero" (white) and/or "agiorgitiko" (red)
- Balsamic vinegar tasting
- Dessert: Strained yogurt from a monastery with several different toppings
- Digestive liqueur 'masticha'
- Cheese pie, handmade
- Stuffed vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, eggplants) with rice and herbs
- Fried pork with lemon and oregano
- Giant beans from Florina, ragout with sausages and feta cheese
- Broader wine and spirits tasting i.e. tsipouro (distilled wine), ouzo (distilled sugar cane with herbs)
- Amazing handmade ice-cream