Start your day at the famous and magical Lord of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set alongside the geothermal wonders of Rotorua where you can see Wai-o-tapu, the amazing geothermal park (rated as one of the most surreal places on earth). On this tour, you will be picked up from the hotel in a comfortable mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world. During the trip south, you will encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way. During this experience, you will get to step into the lush pastures of the Shire, where you can visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear secrets and stories about the making of the movies and finish your LOTR experience with a cold beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub - The Green Dragon Inn. After your Lord of the rings experience, you will continue south to the active geothermal area of Rotorua. During the trip, you will travel through the unique town of Tirau (the corrugated iron sculpture capital of the world) and the stunning Fitzgerald Glade. Once in Rotorua, you will see the town's historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, the Blue Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa. After some lunch, your journey continues to Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland considered one of the most surreal places on earth. Here you will see Champagne lake, Devil's bath, local mud-pools, geothermal craters and other geothermal wonders before a fully guided trip back to Auckland and the end of your tour.
Hobbiton and Rotorua including Wai-O-Tapu - Small-Group Tour from Auckland
Availability: Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 13 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Explore a piece of Middle-earth!
- See surreal landscapes at Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal national park
- Fun for the whole family!
What to expect
- Hotel pickups and drop-offs (specific central Auckland hotels only)
- Entrance and guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Entry and fully guided tour of Wai-O-Tapu including Champagne Pool, Devils Home & Devils Bath
- Complimentary beverage at the famous Green Dragon Inn
- Complimentary refreshments and snacks in transport
- On-screen entertainment during the drive
- Onboard wifi and charging ports
What's not included
- Tips (optional)
- Child (5-14): Reduced
- Infant (0-4): Reduced
Pick-up is available from Auckland city hotels.
Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- Bring comfortable clothing and shoes
- Dress accordingly to weather conditions
- Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Tour begins at 6.30 am
Cheeky Kiwi Travel Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.