Ride along the tranquil Bow River - an area home to wildlife in amongst the thick marshes and grassy meadows. And if you look up, you might spot an eagle or hawk soaring through the sky. Pass by the historic Cave and Basin – the birth place of Banff National Park. Here craggy rock walls surround pools of bubbling thermal water. And of course, as you follow the winding trail on this ride, you’ll get unspoiled views of the magnificent Rocky Mountains the entire time.
National park tours
Bow river horse ride
Duration: 1 hour
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Enjoy a tranquil horse ride
- Ride along the Bow River
- Get views of the Rocky Mountains
What to expect
- Lead and tail guides for your ride
- Basic horseback riding instruction
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up
100 Sundance Rd, Banff, T1L 1B9
Meet at Warner Stables, the big red stables located at the end of Sundance Road. When you arrive, please follow the sleigh ride signs to check in for your ride at the office in the east barn.
What to remember
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your tour start time, as you will have to fill out a waiver and get assigned to your horse. The tour will depart at the scheduled time. Please allow ample time to allow for traffic and travel time. No refunds or reschedule based on availability
- You must wear sturdy, closed toed shoes; long pants are best for riding. Please note that sandals of any kind are not permitted
- Mosquito repellent is highly recommended
- No experience is necessary
- You cannot bring a backpack on the horse
- Riders need to be 8 years or over and a maximum of 230lbs. As part of the check-in process, guests may be required to confirm their current weight on a scale and provide proof of the child’s age. In the event that these requirements are not met, the booking will be forfeited without a refund
- Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse
- For foreign visitors an understanding of basic English is required, so that you can understand simple instructions from the guides
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them
- All adult riders must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any rider under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority)
- Riders must be physically capable of controlling the horse during the ride without assistance and for the health and safety of all riders regrettably no disabilities or special needs can be accommodated
- Hourly from 10.00am - 3.00pm
- Operates from April to October
Discover Banff Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the activity begins.