Public sleigh ride
- Have fun on a sleigh
- Watch out for wildlife
- Toast marshmallows
- Enjoy a unique winter experience
The activity begins at Warner Stables where you can see the operations of a working ranch, chat with the staff and take a look around with their help. Then it’s time to snuggle down under warm wool blankets and enjoy spectacular views of the valley and surrounding mountains. Watch out for wildlife as your guides take you on a quintessential winter experience. A delightful treat for all members of the family. Your memorable excursion includes a fireside warmup stop after the ride where you can toast a marshmallow and enjoy a warm drink back at the stables (weather and snow conditions permitting).
Main highlights of the tour:
- Sleigh ride through the mountain meadows
- Hot apple cider and roast marshmallows
- Warm blankets
- Time to roast marshmallows
- Optional time by the campfire after your ride
- Hotel pick-up
- Children from 4 to 12 years old
- Infants from 0 to 3 years old are free
100 Sundance Rd, Banff, T1L 1B9
Meet at Warner Stables, the big red stables located at the end of Sundance Road. When you arrive, please follow the sleigh ride signs to check in for your ride at the office in the west barn.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the ride is scheduled to depart
- There is plenty of free parking at the site
- The sleigh is “open top” so it is recommended that everyone dresses warm with multiple layers, mitts, hats, a thick winter jacket and boots. You are provided with a blanket, but if you are concerned about being cold you can bring one along for yourself as well
- Children 3 years and under are not guaranteed a seat (they may have to sit on your lap)
- Sleigh rides are weather dependent, and may not operate in certain conditions (eg: -35C)
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any rider under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority)
- Any minors under 18 years who are not accompanied by an adult must present a pre-signed waiver to go on the tour
- There are two different sleigh sizes, 12 and 18 seater sleighs, with a maximum total capacity of 66 people
- Operates from December to March
On this day tour you'll be picked up from your Banff accommodation and taken along winding mountain ...
You'll enjoy a breathtaking ascent to the pinnacle of Sulphur Mountain for an awe-inspiring 360-degr...
Discover Banff National Park and Johnston Canyon, which is one of its most popular attractions. You ...
Paint Pots are a cultural treasure within Banff's National Park. They are mineral deposits once used...
These stunning alpine lakes look too beautiful to be real. On this sightseeing tour you will visit t...
Ride along the tranquil Bow River - an area home to wildlife in amongst the thick marshes and grassy...