Barcelona’s delicious Backstages (EN)
- 10+ delicious tastings
- a complete menu of warm & cold local tapas and food
- local wine and typical drinks
- 10 different food-related locations
- 4-hour walking discovery food tour
- small group - max 12 guests
- accompanied by your passionate local Food Hopping guide
- special glimse into a hidden gem
Unforgettably delicious and a great experience!
It’s no wonder that the local cuisine is an essential part of Catalan culture: the first ever cookbook in a Romanic language was published in "Catalán" in the 14th century. What’s so unique about Barcelona’s fare is the combination of ingredients from the sea and the mountains - the so-called "mar i muntanya" cuisine. Typical specialities such as the salami-like fuet or botifarra sausage are also often combined with vegetables or pulses in Catalonian dishes. Desserts are usually made with local nuts, sweet cream, or melt-in-the-mouth chocolate.
Follow your Food Hopping Guide through little streets off the Ramblas to historic culinary temples of bohemian cuisine, popular modern bars and long-established family-run shops, and enjoy select Barcelonian favourites.
Your Food Hopping event is like a multi-course meal: You experience a new location and taste a different food or drink speciality with each course - accompanied by amusing anecdotes from the capital of Catalunya!
Some highlights of your Food Hopping Tour Barcelona:
- Once only fishermen and workers lived here, these days the quarter is hip and trendy. Indifferent to the changes and passage of time, brothers Albert and Xavi continue to run their family business in a side street. Catalonian products such as cava, charcuterie, and high-quality fish preserves are presented for sale in a relaxed atmosphere, where locals chat and enjoy their food at the counter. Sparkling cava is the classless drink of choice here. You enjoy a glass of this delicious bubbly wine accompanied by the original Catalonian dish "pa amb tomaquet" and get in the mood for a great Food Hopping day.
- Marc expertly checks the quality of the freshly roasted hazelnuts, whose fragrance wafts enticingly through the shop. He studied science before finding his true destiny and passion: as a roasting master in this historic treasure chest. Nibbling on a crunchy taster, you inhale the atmosphere where spices are weighed and dried fruits mixed, and where local and exotic delicacies have been sold for more than 160 years.
- Barcelona’s oldest closed market hall, with its bold roof construction made of ceramic tiles in over 60 colours depicting the foods sold here, makes for great architectural discoveries. At his market stall, Antonio serves delicious Iberian ham together with wine from the "Porrón" - will you succeed in drinking from it like a local without spilling a drop?
While still chewing with relish, we stroll from the culinary present to an art nouveau world heritage site, and marvel at the floral decorated columns of this hidden gem from the outside.
- At the other stops, you’ll taste local cold cuts and cheese in a former tannery warehouse, where Rolling Stones legend Ron Wood used to stop for a bite, discover traditional Patatas Bravas and Sangria with a modern twist, munch on freshly baked goods from the city’s oldest pastry shop, delve deep into Barcelona’s "backstage" with a special glimpse behind the scenes of a baroque palace, learn about Picasso’s favourite spot, and much, much more...
Tour language: English
The tour starts at the Barceloneta area of Barcelona - the exact meeting point is specified in the booking confirmation
Kids are welcome: accompanied by an adult, children from 0-6 years are free of charge, without food or drinks; from 07-17 years there is a reduced price, alcoholic beverages are replaced by soft drinks
Please indicate in the booking form, and let your Food Hopping guide know if you have any food allergies or restrictions
Locations of your Food Hopping tour are subject to change
During all Food Hopping tours, you are walking on fairly flat terrain at relaxed speeds. We reccomend wearing comfortable shoes, as you are on your feet about half of the time.
The most crazy sessions take place at Pacha Barcleona every Monday during summer time! An amazing pe...
Morodo Benny Page Genres: Electronic,Techno Lines Up: Morodo,Benny Page Atmospheres: Underground Doo...
FRIDAY | AUGUST 2019 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00 am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, THE ...
Every Thursday in Jamboree Dance Club, Bcn Or Die... Before the weekend. R&B, Hip Hop, Indie Dance, ...
With only a couple of years of life and thirteen references published, the Lone Romantic label has b...
Wendesday night join a unique club just in front of the beach at Barceloneta. Space Music Garden pre...