Best of Barcelona small group tour including Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera and Gothic Quarter stroll with Sailboat Cruise
- Take the most comprehensive one-day tour of Barcelona
- See the majority of Gaudí's most famous buildings in Barcelona, including skip the line access to La Pedrera House and a full tour of the Sagrada Família
- Explore the historic heart of Barcelona, including the old Jewish Quarter, Gothic Quarter, and Barcelona Cathedral
- Feast your eyes on lovely panoramas from the top of La Pedrera and Barcelona Cathedral
- Take a 1-hour sail-boat cruise up the coast and see Barcelona from a completely different perspective while enjoying a complimentary glass of wine.
Your day begins on the steps of the Sagrada Família where you’ll meet your expert guide and no more than 14 fellow travelers. Before you go inside you’ll be able to snap a few pictures at the nicest viewpoint of the church, then take a stroll around to see the various facades of and learn why they look so different. As you tour the inside, your guide will tell you all about Gaudí’s extraordinary life and point out the elements and details that will give you a deep insight into the mind of one of the most unique geniuses of the 20th century. After a full tour of the sanctuary, including a peek into Gaudí’s crypt, you’ll also step into the museum to learn exactly how Gaudí planned this puzzle-box of a building and why his methods were truly groundbreaking.
Aside from the Sagrada Família, the houses that Gaudí designed in in the late 20th century are his most beloved works in Barcelona. For the next part of your tour, you’ll hop on a subway to get across town. En route, your guide will give you plenty of tips and hints on how to use public transport in the city and the best ways to get around. Back above ground, you’ll step out onto the Passeig de Gracia, which has the highest concentration of Art Nouveau architecture in Europe. Here you’ll see the Casa Batlló, the Casa Amatller, and the Casa Lleó Morera. As you study their facades your guide will point out the very Gaudí-esque details that you might miss and help you understand what makes each structure so special. All of this will help you put your next stop, the Casa Mila / La Pedrera, into context as you take a full tour of its stunning interior.
As you move through the organic, undulating rooms (try to find a right angle - we dare you) which still contain period furniture, you’ll get a feel for what it was actually like to live in a space designed by one of the greatest architects to ever live. No tour is complete without stepping onto the roof, which is arguably the best in Barcelona. Considered a masterpiece of outdoor sculpture, each chimney has been sculpted into a different totem, giving it the feel of an open-air art gallery.
After hopping back on the metro and taking a quick stroll down Barcelona’s most famous pedestrian street, La Rambla, you’ll have a break for lunch. It’s not included but your guide will give you recommendations on where to eat at any price point and taste, including some amazing stalls in the Boqueria Market. We always work with local guides, and they will never recommend a spot where they wouldn’t eat themselves
In the afternoon, you’ll reconvene in Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter for a stroll through the history of the City. Walking past Roman Walls that date back thousands of years, you’ll learn how this city went from a provincial fishing village to the heart of an entire region unified by a very hairy king.
Next, you’ll explore some of the most beloved areas of the city center, like Gaudí’s favorite square. You’ll also learn about Barcelona’s old Jewish community, the dark history of the Spanish Inquisition, and the Spanish Civil war as you visit spots like the Old Jewish Quarter, Sant Felip Neri Square, and the Plaça St Jaume. You’ll also see the city’ second most iconic church in the neighborhood of El Born and a shop selling trinkets you won’t find anywhere else in the world; the only hint we’ll give you is that they’re an ode to Catalonians’ near obsession with the topic of digestion.
Finally, you’ll head down to the historic port, see a sculpture by Roy Lichtenstein, and learn how the sea has shaped the city before hopping aboard a 85-foot sailboat for a relaxing, hour-long cruise up the coast with a complimentary glass of wine.
When you get back to the port, don’t forget ask your guide for restaurant recommendations and suggestions for other things to see and do. Now that you’ve seen Barcelona in a day, the rest of the city is at your fingertips.
- Skip the line tickets at Casa Milà
- Pre-reserved tickets for the Sagrada Família
- 1-hour boat cruise
- 1-hour cruise with a complimentary drink
- Public transport tickets
- Expert local guide
- Entrance to Casa Batllo
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants 3 years of age and under: free
- Children 4-12 years of age: reduced
Carrer de Mallorca, 422, 08013 Barcelona, Spain
This tour meets next to "Picasso" Bar, on the corner of Carrer Marina and Carrer Mallorca. The metro stop is "Sagrada Familia", on lines L2 (purple) and L5 (blue). Please be aware that there are multiple metro exits.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time - no refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure
- Please remember that the attire must be appropriate for the Cathedral visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. It is sufficient to bring extra coverings (e.g scarf) with you to put them on before entering to the holy areas. Walks cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
- Please note there will be a security check before entering la Sagrada Familia
- The rooftop terrace of Casa Mila might inaccessible during heavy rain
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Small groups of 15 people
- 1 April 2019 - 30 September 2019: Mondays Wednesdays, Fridays
- 1 October 2019 - 31 October 2019: Mondays, Fridays
This summer begins Plaiia, a party for you to fall in love with electronic music like us. It is a co...
The Yiannimize Grand Tour is the brainchild of two successful well-known entrepreneurs, Yianni Chara...
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang every Monday at Shoko! Genres: Electro,Hits,Hip hop Lines Up: DJ Mouss Atmospher...
Opium Barcelona pres. NAPS Genres: Rap Lines Up: NAPS Atmospheres: International,Elegant Door Polici...
Pacha Barcelona presents I HATE THURSDAYS! We bring you the best music every Thursday night. The tig...
Opium pres. KEblack + NAZA Genres: Rap Lines Up: Keblack,Naza Atmospheres: International Door Polici...