Catalan cultural experience in Penedès from Barcelona
- Explore the beautiful town of Vilafranca, a local guide will take you on a guided walking tour through the city center
- Climb the bell tower of Saint Mary Church and enjoy a great panoramic view of all the region
- Enjoy a delicious dinner made with local food
- Contemplate the castellers essay and those people more adventurous will be invited to join in
Immerse yourself into the Catalan culture with an unforgettable sunset in Vilafranca del Penedès, the wine capital.
You will depart from Barcelona to the Penedès region, which is located at 20km from the coast. The influence of the sun and the Mediterranean sea made this place the perfect scenery for the vine harvest, and for that reason it has been created the Designation of Origin for some of the Penedès wines. But the Penedès region it’s important not only for the wines but also because of its popular culture and folklore. From this region are typical the human towers, called in Catalan "castells", which means Castle. In this sense, Vilafranca del Penedès has a very long tradition of castells and during the last 50 years they have been acting around the world becoming internationally renowned. The main group of castellers from Vilafranca is considered one of the most traditional and has been awarded several times.
When you arrive in Vilafranca you will meet a local guide who will take you on a guided walking tour through the city center. You will visit the local council square, where the castellers shows usually take place, and the Saint Mary church, which was the first religious building in Catalonia built in Gothic style. Also you will have the great opportunity to climb the bell tower and, form the top, you will see a great panoramic view of all the region while you are served a glass of wine. For the next part of the tour, you will go to the place where the castellers usually go to essay. There you will meet one casteller that will take you on a guided tour and will explain the secrets of this unique tradition in the world. Later you will enjoy a delicious dinner made with local food while you contemplate the castellers essay and those people more adventurous will be invited to join in. In that way you will experience the emotion of this ancient tradition and show.
At the fixed time you will take the bus back to the city centre of Barcelona.
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Vilafranca del Penedès guided tour
- Access to the Bell Tower with a glass of wine
- Guided tour in Cal Figarot
- Traditional dinner
- Radio guide system (for groups with more than 5 people)
- "Castellers" essay and the possibility to join in
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Carrer de Balmes 5, Barcelona, Spain
Julià Travel office
- This tour is bilingual English and Spanish
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes
- As the tour takes place in the evening, depending on the season you will need some clothes protecting you from cold weather
- Not allowed for children and infants
- Fridays at 5.00pm / Check-in at 4.45pm
- Blackout dates: 19 April, 30 August, 6 September
UNANNOUNCED by Raxon ___________________________ Expect the finest names in house & techno curated b...
A relative newcomer, Tini Gessler has risen through the music scene remarkably quickly. Starting out...
Free until 2am (then € 10 w / long Drink) ▶ Check our Special Deal offer! Long 2 long drinks ✦ acces...
he Catalan capital finally has a proper R&B and Hip Hop party! With its bold foray into Barcelona, t...
Downtown is one sexy party on Tuesday nights! For lovers of Hip-Hop, R&B and Electronic, 3 Resident ...
Off Week is probably one of the best weeks of the year if Techno music is a must in your day-to-day....