Cultural and gastronomic experience in medieval villages from Barcelona: Vic and Rupit
- Explore the beautiful town of Vic, walk through it's market, visit the local council building and enjoy a panoramic view
- Enjoy a degustation of typical cold meat and join in a workshop to prepare the Catalan sausage "butifarra"
- Discover the charming village of Rupit, one of the most beautiful and lovely places in Catalonia
Unforgettable experience that will take you to discover two of the most beautiful villages in Catalonia: Vic, known for its weekly market, its cold meats and the historic city center; and Rupit, a lovely and peaceful village located in a countryside area.
At 9.00am you will arrive to Vic, where you will visit the market located in the main square. This is one of the main attractions of this village that attracts a great number of local people, people from the surroundings, and also tourists. This market has been in the same place since the XI century, and nowadays we can find a great variety of products such as fresh meat, flowers, crafts, clothes, etc. In addition, you will have the exclusive opportunity to visit the local council building and admire some wall paintings from the renowned painter Josep Maria Sert. Moreover, you will have a great panoramic view of the market and the square from the balcony of the local council building. Later, you are going to visit a traditional charcuterie where, apart from a degustation of typical cold meat, you will join in a workshop that consist in the elaboration of your own Catalan sausage: “butifarra”. To finish your stay in Vic, you will visit the cathedral and the most important masterpieces in the first floor of the Episcopal Museum, which is one of the most relevant institutions for the study of the medieval Catalan art.
Back to the bus, you will continue your way to Rupit (one hour approx.). During the journey you will contemplate the fabulous landscape of this region of Catalonia. You will arrive at 1.45pm, and then you will enjoy a typical Catalan menu for lunch (optional). Later on you will have a nice walking tour through the cobblestone streets of this lovely village and, at the end, you will be given some free time to enjoy the calm and peace that this place has to offer, far away from the stressful city. Rupit has indeed some fantastic sceneries for the photography lovers, because nature and architecture coexist in a harmonious way. At the fixed time you will take the bus back to the city center of Barcelona, where you will arrive at 6.00pm.
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Guided Tour in Vic
- Catalan sausage workshop and cold meat degustation in "Ca la Teresona"
- Guided tour in the cathedral and the first floor of the Episcopal Museum in Vic
- Guided tour in Rupit
- Radio guide system (For groups with more than 5 people)
- Lunch in Rupit (Optional, only if option selected): Local menu composed of tree dishes (starting course, main course and desert) and drink (water or house wine)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants 0-3 years old: free
- Children 4-12 years old: reduced
Carrer de Balmes 5, Barcelona, Spain
Julià Travel office
- This tour is bilingual English and Spanish
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes
- There is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- This tour is not recommended for vegetarian or vegan people. The Catalan sausage workshop and the degustation of cold meat will not be changed for other activities
- Tuesday at 8.00am / Check-in at 7.45am
UNANNOUNCED by Raxon ___________________________ Expect the finest names in house & techno curated b...
A relative newcomer, Tini Gessler has risen through the music scene remarkably quickly. Starting out...
Free until 2am (then € 10 w / long Drink) ▶ Check our Special Deal offer! Long 2 long drinks ✦ acces...
he Catalan capital finally has a proper R&B and Hip Hop party! With its bold foray into Barcelona, t...
Downtown is one sexy party on Tuesday nights! For lovers of Hip-Hop, R&B and Electronic, 3 Resident ...
Off Week is probably one of the best weeks of the year if Techno music is a must in your day-to-day....