- Pre-reserved tickets guarantee your entrance to La Sagrada Família
- With access to the group entrance, you'll skip any lines at security
- Add context to your visit with an expert guide, who will teach you about the architectural tools Gaudi employed, and tell you stories from his fascinating life
Your short (but sweet!) tour starts right by La Sagrada Família, where you’ll see the Basilica in all of its majesty. Hear from your guide what work remains to be finished, then skip lines to get straight inside. You’ll enter via the Nativity Facade, which is the only one that Gaudí finished in his lifetime.
During your tour, your guide will help you to compare the different facades of the church, showing the different ways that Gaudí’s plans have been interpreted since his death - and how plans changed during his lifetime too. You’ll also learn about some of the controversies that have swirled around these interpretations.
Stepping inside the Basilica, you’ll fully appreciate the singular genius of Gaudí. As you move between columns designed like trees with capitals forming the canopy of the ceiling, your guide will explain how Gaudí developed his style from both religious, natural, and uniquely Catalonian influences. You’ll also learn about Gaudi’s innovative use of light as you bask in the glow of the rainbow-colored stained-glass windows that fill the sanctuary with an otherworldly glow.
There’s no church in the world quite like the Sagrada Família and there was no architect quite like Gaudí. As you explore his crowning legacy, you’ll hear how this solitary genius came from a humble artisanal family and rose to the very heights of the Catalonian aristocracy through a combination of genius, know-how, friends in high places, and a nearly fanatical dedication to his religion. From his refusal to marry (or even have romantic relationships) to his death that nearly went unnoticed, you’ll learn all about the man whose vision created and continues to create this building.
After a brief look at some of the highlights of the museum, your guide will give you some additional information about what else you can see, including further museum exhibits and Gaudí’s crypt. Both are easily accessible from the basilica and require no extra entrance fees. The museum in particular showcases the process by which Gaudí designed buildings with an utterly unique system of chains and mirrors that actually anticipated computer-driven design.
Of all the ways to see the Sagrada Familia, this is the most affordable, easiest and most accessible; perfect for anyone who doesn’t have a huge amount of time in Barcelona but wants to do justice to its most impressive attraction.
- Skip the line tickets to the Sagrada Família
- Expert guide
- Tower access
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants 3 years of age and under: free
- Children 4-12 years of age: reduced
Carrer de Mallorca, 422, 08013 Barcelone, Spain
Next to "Picasso" Bar, 422 Carrer de Mallorca, 08013 Barcelona, on the corner of Carrer Marina and Carrer Mallorca. The metro stop is "Sagrada Familia", on lines L2 (purple) and L5 (blue). Please be aware that there are multiple metro exits.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time - no refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure
- Please remember that the attire must be appropriate for the Basilica visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- There will be a security bag check before entering the site
- Enjoy a small group of 15 people
20 March 2018 - 31 October 2018: Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays
Mahler Chamber Orchestra Gustavo Dudamel, director F. Schubert Sinfonía núm. 3, en Re mayor, D. 200 ...
Un des opéras les plus emblématiques, avec Lianna Haroutounian et les débuts d'Ainhoa rteta dans le ...
Le contre-ténor Bejun Mehta et la soprano Lisette Oropesa à l'affiche de l'une des perles de la sais...
Kiss Kiss Bank Bank - Every Monday at Shoko Barcelona. Genres: Electronic Lines Up: A-Trak Atmospher...
The most commercial music night of the week has the name of Pacha-chá! Go get wild in the best club ...
The most crazy sessions take place at Pacha Barcleona every Monday during summer time! An amazing pe...