Gaudí Houses: Casa Batlló and La Pedrera skip-the-line tickets and guided visit
- La Pedrera is the reflection of Gaudí’s imagination, with an atypical terrace dominated by chimneys that remind of medieval knights
- Casa Batlló stands out for its vivid colors, illumination and columns in the shape of bones; one of Passeig de Gràcia jewels
- Learn about Gaudí's life and history
- Save time with your skip-the-line tickets
Passeig the Gracia Street is one of the most important avenues in Barcelona, where apart from prestigious brands shops we can find modernists buildings. At the beginning of the XIX century Passeig the Gracia became the main residential area for the bourgeoisie, who were main commitments of some important modernist architects such as: Gauí, Puig i Cadafalch, Domènech i Montaner or Sagnier. During the tour you will visit two great examples of domestic architecture from Antoni Gaudí. The explanations will be always put in context with the history of Barcelona and in parallel to other works from important modernist architects.
- Casa Batlló
Gaudí projected the refurbishment of a previous existing building of the architect Emilio Sala Cortés. The building was bought by the business man Josep Batlló, who owned several textile factories in Barcelona. At the time Gaudí was an important architect working in several projects at the same time: The Expiatory Temple of la Sagrada Familia, Torre Bellesguard, Park Güell and the restoration of the Santa Maria Cathedral in Palma de Mallorca. Batlló was so impressive with the Gaudi’s work that he recommended the architect to his friend, Pere Milá. Later we will be able to visit Casa Milà, commonly known as la Pedera. Casa Batlló it’s a great example of how Gaudí got his inspiration from nature using organic shapes that had been previously studied by him.
- Casa Milà (La Pedrera)
The building is located in Passeig de Gracia street chamfer with Provença Street, in the middle of the Eixample. During the industrial growing when the bourgeoisie became the privilege statement, Gaudí was asked to build a house for the Milà family. Pere Milà i Camps was a rich business man who inherited the fortune made by his father from the textile industry. The Milà Project consisted in a flats building where the first floor would be the residence of the Milà family while the other floors would be divided into several apartments for renting. The construction was delayed several times because the building was supposed to be more high and wide than the dimensions fixed by the municipal government. During the guided tour you will visit the two courtyards, the three last floors (rooftop, attic and one apartment) and the temporal exhibition (the availability of this part is subject to the exhibition calendar). At the end of the visit you will be able to remain in the building as long as you wish.
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Radio guide system (For groups of more than 5 people)
- Guided walking tour in Passeig de Gracia
- Casa Batlló and La Pedrera skip-the-line tickets
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children 0-6 years old: free
Carrer de Balmes 5, Barcelona, Spain
Julià Travel office
- This tour is bilingual and will be in English and Spanish
- Please be aware this is a walking tour, please be ready and we recommend wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- For your comfort, a radio guide system is offered during the tour, in groups of more than five people
- The tour ends at La Pedrera (Passeig de Gracia, 92, Barcelona)
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 8.30am / Check-in at 8.15am
This summer begins Plaiia, a party for you to fall in love with electronic music like us. It is a co...
The Yiannimize Grand Tour is the brainchild of two successful well-known entrepreneurs, Yianni Chara...
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang every Monday at Shoko! Genres: Electro,Hits,Hip hop Lines Up: DJ Mouss Atmospher...
Opium Barcelona pres. NAPS Genres: Rap Lines Up: NAPS Atmospheres: International,Elegant Door Polici...
Pacha Barcelona presents I HATE THURSDAYS! We bring you the best music every Thursday night. The tig...
Opium pres. KEblack + NAZA Genres: Rap Lines Up: Keblack,Naza Atmospheres: International Door Polici...