Gothic Quarter small group walking tour with Jamon tasting and special access to Cathedral rooftop
- Explore the historic heart of Barcelona with an expert guide
- Enjoy a guided jamón tasting and free glass of wine at a local deli, where you'll learn all about Spain's most famous export
- Admire Barcelona Cathedral and its finest vantage point
- Learn the history of Barcelona beyond Gaudi - this ancient city has so many incredible stories to tell
- Visit famous La Boqueria Market to learn about local food and produce, with tips on where and what to eat during your stay
Your tour starts at a central point where you’ll meet your expert local guide and go straight to the spot where Barcelona began; the center of the old city. The Ancient Romans established a city here 2,000 years ago and you’ll be surprised by how much of those original structures still exist. Passing huge fragments of the old Roman wall, you’ll step inside Barcelona Cathedral. Unlike Gaudi’s singular Sagrada Familia, this is a much more classical cathedral - but its beautiful Gothic facade hides a secret: It’s not as old as it appears. After you explore the inside, it’s time for a little surprise: special-access tickets to the Cathedral roof, from where you’ll enjoy our favorite panorama in all of Barcelona.
Back at street-level, your guide will lead you into the narrow side-streets of the city, on a tour of the historic center. Although this is one of the most vibrant and historically-rich parts of the city, many visitors don’t know what to look for when they explore, or which spots are the most important. We’ve carefully crafted a route that showcases the best of this small area, weaving together a rich tapestry of stories from across 2,000 years of history; from the bubonic plague to the last public execution, which took place as recently as 1975.
Along the way, you’ll follow in the footsteps of a martyr; explore the old Gothic Quarter; get some architectural history, with stops at the Bridge at Carrer Bisbe and a square that used to be the favorite of Antoni Gaudí; and even see where Barcelona’s official executioner lived.
Every street, plaza and point of interest on this tour is intimately connected with the story of Barcelona. From its beginnings as a small outpost of the Ancient Roman Empire, through its consolidation as a regional capital, and all the way to the early 20th-century flowering that turned it into the beautiful cosmopolitan city that it is today. Since you’re touring with a local guide, you’ll also get some insight into modern politics, including Catalonia’s quest to gain independence from Spain.
Along the way, we’ll visit the famous La Boquería market, where you’ll explore the stalls overflowing with local meats, cheeses and other produce while your guide explains how Catalonia ended up being one of richest agricultural regions of the Iberian Peninsula.
After a stroll down Barcelona’s iconic pedestrian street, La Rambla, Your tour ends at a local jamón shop, where you’ll enjoy a guided tasting and learn the secrets of one of Spain’s most treasured products: Jamón Iberico. You’ll also learn about the centuries-old methods that go into raising the pigs and curing the meat for this unique and highly-prized form of charcuterie. Before you depart, you’ll have plenty of time to pick your guide’s brain about what else you should see, where to eat well on any budget, how to get around the city and even a few useful words in Catalan.
For travelers visiting Barcelona for the first time, this tour - with its passionate local guide and small group of 15 people or fewer - is the perfect way to familiarize yourself with the city and develop the sort of local knowledge that will set you up for the rest of your stay. There is no easier, or more enjoyable, way to begin your vacation in Barcelona.
- Expert, local tour guide
- Ham and wine tasting
- Entrance tickets to Barcelona cathedral and rooftop
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants 3 years of age and under: free
- Children 4-12 years of age: reduced
Plaça de Catalunya, 9, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
In front of Desigual clothing store, 9 Placa Catalunya , 08002 Barcelona, on the corner between Rambla Catalunya and Placa Catalunya. You can see 2 square shaped sculptures on top of the building. Placa Catalunya is easily reachable by bus or by using metro lines L1, L3, L6, L7 or by train lines S1, S2, S5, S7, R1, R3, R4.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time - no refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure
- Please remember that the attire must be appropriate for the Cathedral visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
- Please note that there are no vegetarian options available to replace the Jamon tasting
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- With small groups of only 15 people or fewer, your experience will be intimate and your guide easy to interact with
- 1 March 2018 - 30 April 2018: Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays
- 1 May 2018 - 31 October 2018: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
Attention, il s'agit d'un billet nominatif à échanger, une pièce d'identité vous sera demandée lors ...
Le prix du package comprend : - Un billet pour le concert dans la catégorie choisie (voir ci-après l...
Entradas no reembolsables // Tickets Non refundable. Tuesday Nights brinEVERY TUESDAY THE OFFICIAL E...
Format: B Highgrade Recordings | Stil Vor Talent | Opossum Recordings MotorFunk Ambassadors for life...
INPUT pres MICHAEL KLEIN Percussive and rhythmic grooves are what defines the unique sound of Michae...
Nicole Moudaber is an event promoter, record label founder, radio host, and one of the most passiona...