- Learn about the history of Barcelona, from Roman to medieval times
- Explore the Palau Güell, one of the first major orders that received Gaudí at the beginning of his career
- Enjoy tapas tasting at "Cafe de l'Opera" restaurant, just in front the Liceo's Opera
This guided tour will take you to know more about the history of Barcelona, from Roman to medieval times and up to the 20th century, with the best representative of Catalan modernism, Antoni Gaudí.
The tour starts from the famous Ramblas of Barcelona, going to know in more depth “La plaça Reial” where the old convent of Santa Madrona was located, we will walk until the place of Sant Jaume, seat of the local government during the medieval time and at present. Stroll through narrow and cobbled streets until you reach the Basilica of Santa Maria del Pi dating from the 14th century. Afterwards, we will continue along the Ramblas, where you can see the mosaic of Joan Miró until you reach the Palau Güell.
The Palau Güell is one of the first major orders that received Gaudí at the beginning of his career of Eusebi Güell. A peculiar urban palace built during the years 1886 - 1890 near the boulevards of Barcelona, declared a historical-artistic monument, well cultural of national interest and World Heritage by UNESCO. For those people who bought the tour without the tapas option our visit will finish here. They are free to remain inside the building as long as they wish.
For those people who bought the tour with the tapas option we will continue our visit going to the restaurant Cafè de l’Òpera. This is an elegant place decorated in modernist style which has been working as a catering since the end of the XVIII century. The establishment is located in the very heart of las Ramblas, just in front the Liceo’s Opera.
- Entrance and guided visit to the Palau Güell
- Tapas tasting in the restaurant Cafè de l'Òpera (if option selected)
- Guided walking tour of the Gothic quarter
- Entrance to the Basilica of Santa Maria del Pi
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children 4-9 years old: reduced
La Rambla, 54, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Julià Travel Tours & Tickets Offic: Ramblas 54, Barcelona (Rambla dels Caputxins)
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- From March to October: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 12.15pm
- Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time
- Blackout dates: 11 September
Mahler Chamber Orchestra Gustavo Dudamel, director F. Schubert Sinfonía núm. 3, en Re mayor, D. 200 ...
Un des opéras les plus emblématiques, avec Lianna Haroutounian et les débuts d'Ainhoa rteta dans le ...
Le contre-ténor Bejun Mehta et la soprano Lisette Oropesa à l'affiche de l'une des perles de la sais...
Prepare your senses, your mind and your body for tonight! The best sundays night in town take place ...
FRIDAY | AUGUST 2018 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, THE L...
A prominent DJ worldwide with releases on some of the leading labels in techno, Luigi Madonna has ab...