Half-day trip to Montserrat Monastery and Natural Park from Barcelona
- Visit Montserrat with a local tour guide in a small group
- Walk the old hermitage where pilgrims retreated
- Hear the Escolania children's choir with over fifty boys
A few kilometers away from the busy streets of Barcelona stands one of the most impressive mountains of Catalonia. Your tour begins with an hour drive north in a air-conditioned and comfortable vehicle, before you reach the sacred monastery of Montserrat surrounded by a majestic rocky landscapes.
First you will visit the monastic centre of Catalunya, home of the famous Lady of Montserrat, popularly known as La Moreneta (the Dark One), due to the dark color of her skin. Afterwards, you will take the funicular and reach the top of the mountain (over 3,000ft) to discover the paths less traveled on the magnificent Montserrat and see the sanctuary from above, which has been in use for almost 1000 years for pilgrims, who have climbed this spectacular mountain. In addition you can walk the old hermitage where pilgrims retreated.
At 1pm on weekdays (12am in the weekends) there is the opportunity to hear one of Europe’s nicest children’s choirs. “Escolania” is comprised of more than fifty boys, from nine to fourteen years old, who come from all over Catalonia to take part in daily prayer at the Sanctuary.
- Guided tour of Montserrat and the monastic center
- Departure 8:15am
- Transport in a minivan or air-conditioned car
- Walking tour to an old hermitage in the Natural Park
- Ticket for the funicular
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
Avinguda Diagonal, 218U, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
Meet at Placa Ossa Menor (in the Glories Shopping center), your guide will be next to McDonalds.
- Minimum of 2 people required per booking
- Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Bring sun protection during summer season
- Please, bring a raincoat in case of rain and a jacket during winter season
- Daily at 8.15am
Le contre-ténor Bejun Mehta et la soprano Lisette Oropesa à l'affiche de l'une des perles de la sais...
J.S. BACH, Passion selon Saint Matthieu, BWV 244Fiche artistique : Marta Mathéu, soprano Rachel Redm...
Attention, il s'agit d'un billet nominatif à échanger, une pièce d'identité vous sera demandée lors ...
EVERY THURSDAY @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 00:30 am The "MANDANGA DE VERANO" is born the new ...
Casablancas, Argullol et Portaceli réuni pour cette Première mondiale d'une oeuvre catalane dirigée ...
Born and raised in the eclectic city of Barcelona, Dave has spent his life listening to a huge varie...