Torres Wine Cellars, Montserrat and Sitges guided tour from Barcelona
- Torres Wine Cellars, one of the most admired viticultural companies in the world
- Stroll along the beach and enjoy the beautiful views of Sant Bartomeu and Santa Tecla Church
- Discover and experience all the secrets about the fascinating world of wine
Start your half-day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable bus towards the mountain of Montserrat, which rises majestically up to 4,051 feet (1,236 meters).
Montserrat is a multi-peaked rocky range formed of sedimentary rocks shaped by the wind and rain. The popular imagination has seen human and animal shapes in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th-century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat was founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia, who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories, miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending the pilgrim needs, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to enjoy by yourselves multiple options this place offers: audio visual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat or taste of typical liquors of Montserrat handmade by the monks of the monastery (both activities are included). You can also visit the Museum (not included), go into Santa Cova Funicular (not included) or just walk along the trails of the mountain and enjoy its spectaculars views.
At the appointed time, you will meet the guide again to depart to the prestigious wineries of the Torres family in the heart of Penedés, where you will discover and experience all the secrets about the fascinating world of wine. This visit begins with a presentation of the history of the winery, followed by a tour of the vineyards and the winery. During the tour we visit the new space where the iconic wine of the family is made: Mas La Plana. In addition, the visitor has the opportunity to access the Bodega Waltraud and its space of aging the most emblematic Torres wines. At the end of the visit, you can delight your palate with a commented tasting of 2 wines and a full local appetizer-brunch.
Afterwards you will be driven on to Sitges, without a doubt one of the most beautiful villages of the Barcelona coast. This sailor village is one of the favorite destinations of the tourists that visit Catalunya. Its micro climate, picturesque old town center with its narrow streets, beautiful beaches, a vibrant cultural live, good food, nice and unique shops turn Sitges into the favorite destination to relax and enjoy the rest of our tour at the Mediterranean coast. You will definitely want to visit Sitges.
You will visit its streets with our guide who will explain you the route originating in Sitges “Indianos” who went to America in search of a better life. After the guided tour you will be free to continue discovering the corners of the city weather, its magnificent beaches or go shopping in the quaint shops of the old town.
- Air-conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual guide
- Taste of 4 typical liquors (handmade by the monks of the monastery)
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat "Espai Audiovisual Montserrat"
- Entrance and guided visit to Torres Wine Cellars and tasting of 2 glasses of wine
- Appetizer-brunch consisting of coca bread with tomato and local cold meat and cheese
- Guided walking tour in Sitges
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (0-3 years): free (no meals and consumptions included)
- Youth (4-12 years): reduced
Carrer de Balmes, 5, Barcelona
Julia Travel office
- This tour is bilingüal and will be in the selected language and a second language
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- At Montserrat there is a mountainous climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- From April to October
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Departure at 8.00am / Check-in at 7.45am
Every Thursday in Jamboree Dance Club, Bcn Or Die... Before the weekend. R&B, Hip Hop, Indie Dance, ...
Dj Eley, born in Lima, Peru 24 years ago but raised in Barcelona, has been influenced by black music...
Our new Wednesdays will make you feel like you are in paradise, join our djs and make your night ama...
Patrice Bäumel is an internationally renowned Dj and producer currently living in Amsterdam. 2017 w...
Enrico Sangiuliano is a name you will have noted if you have been anywhere in the electronic music s...
More info soon! Genres: Electronic,Techno Lines Up: East End Dubs,Hitch Atmospheres: Underground Doo...