Tour of Montserrat from Barcelona with wine and cogwheel train
- Incredible views from the cogwheel train on the ride up to Montserrat
- Enjoy an extended guided visit through Montserrat Monastery
- Taste organic wines paired with the best local food
Your tour departs from central Barcelona, from which we will head for the village of Monistrol de Montserrat. From Monistrol you will take the “Cremallera de Montserrat”, a cogwheel train with great views of the countryside and the mountain.
Once at the Montserrat Monastery, your guide will provide plenty of information about the location during the guided visit – history, legends and the importance of this site in the development of Catalonia. After walking through the monastery, and visiting a couple of viewpoints, you will get back to the bus.
It is now time for food and wine! Only a short drive away awaits Oller del Mas Cellar, located in a 10th century castle. At this point the group will divide, depending on your food choice: you may opt for eating a three-course meal at a local restaurant, or a tapas brunch during the wine tasting. Both options will enjoy an extended visit throughout the cellar, located inside the castle. The visit will allow you to discover how wine was made 600 years ago, and how they still make it today.
Wine tasting will consist of three premium château wines. If you have chosen the tapas option, you will enjoy your brunch during the wine tasting; for those that have already had lunch, the tasting will be accompanied by a cheese platter. Just before returning to Barcelona, you be able to take a stroll through the vineyards, enjoying the privileged landscape which surrounds Oller del Mas.
- Shared transportation in air-conditioned bus
- Local English-speaking guide
- Cogwheel train ticket
- Visit through Montserrat Monastery
- Visit Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
- Three organic wine tasting and cheese platter (3 artisanal cheese slices)
- Delicious tapas lunch (tapas option only), consisting of six pieces of pà amb tomàquet topped with fresh ingredients
- Welcome drink - organic white wine (tapas option only)
- Multi-course Catalan meal with wine (lunch option only)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (aged 4-12)
- Seniors (aged 65+)
- Infant (aged 0-3) Free
Plaça de Catalunya, 21, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
In front of Hard Rock Café. Look for the pink umbrella.
- There is a limit of 16 people per group, although transportation may be shared with other groups
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved
- Note that Montserrat is a religious site – please dress accordingly
- Available for any dietary allergies or restrictions
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided
- 10.00am (please arrive at least 15 minutes before the departure)
Scopri uno dei luoghi più interessanti vicino a Barcellona nella storica Montserrat. Viaggerai da Ba...
Il capolavoro incompiuto di Gaudí attira oltre tre milioni di visitatori all'anno. Non vorrai di cer...
A pochi minuti dal rumore delle Ramblas e dalla costa affollata di Barceloneta, una guida locale esp...
Entra nella mente di Gaudí mentre cammini tra i mosaici e i colonnati a volta e i bizzarri dettagli ...
Scopri il genio creativo di Gaudì, attraverso due capolavori che mostrano al meglio la sua originali...
Durante questo tour di tre ore attraverso il cuore di Barcellona, ti introdurremo alla fantastica ar...
Partenza con bus da Plaza Catalunya in compagnia di una guida esperta. Scopri la magica ed elegante ...
Fai una passeggiata tra i vicoli del centro di Barcellona e goditi una vista privilegiata del centro...
Con alte guglie ariose che sembrano sfidare la gravità e dettagli artistici apparentemente fumettist...
La visita inizierà dal primo piano del museo FC, rinnovato il 12 giugno 2010. È un museo moderno con...