Vip Penedés and Montserrat wine, cava and oil experience with local brunch and tasting
- Enjoy an exclusive visit to the oldest and the most spectacular wine and cava cellar
- Discover "La vinya de Paulino" with vines that are more than 75 years old
- Go up to Montserrat with the cog-wheel train, which leaves you in the middle of the monastery
- Wine, cava and oil experience
In the first part of the tour you will enjoy an exclusive visit to the oldest wine and cava cellar at the Llopart winery. There you will learn more about the production of wine, cava and olive oil. The personalized visit in the winery will allow you to discover the secrets of winemaking, from the grape harvest to your benefit. Continuing with the elaboration of the cava, sparkling wine and finally knowing a bit more about the production of olive oil. During the tour you will have the privilege to explore the private country house of the Llopart family, inherited by Bernardus Leopardy in the XIV Century. You will get into the small cellar in the house basement where, in 1887, the first bottle of Llopart cava was produced. In this charming old winery you will experience a trip to the past with the tasting of their most emblematic and exclusive cava: Original Gran Reserva 1887.
The experience will continue by visiting one of their oldest vineyards: “La vinya de Paulino”, with vines that are more than 75 years old. The tour continues to the current facilities where all products of Llopart's range of cavas is produced nowadays. Once you get to their ExVite tasting room, you will have the chance to enjoy three more tastings: one wine, two oils and one of their cava Gran Reserva. These drinks will be served with a brunch of local products including "pa amb tomàquet", cold meats and cheese.
The morning tour finishes at Julià Travel Office (Balmes, 5) from where you will start the second part the tour.
The second part of the tour starts at 03:00pm. Start your half day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable bus towards the mountain of Montserrat, which rises majestically up to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter).
Montserrat is a multi-peaked rocky range formed of sedimentary rocks shaped by the wind and rain. The popular imagination has seen human and animal shapes in some of these peaks, giving them names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will go up to Montserrat with the cog-wheel train, which leaves you in the middle of the Monastery. It is a 15-minute trip with a privileged and spectacular view of the mountain. The train has panoramic windows which make the actual journey an interesting attraction. The train is air-conditioned and they are completely wheelchair-friendly.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat was founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia, who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories, miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending the pilgrims needs, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
- Guided tour and commented tasting of wine, cava and oil
- Bilingual assistant
- Brunch of local products in the ExVite tasting room of Llopart cava
- Taste of 4 typical liquors, handmade by the monks of the monastery
- Round trip from Barcelona to Montserrat
- Bilingual guide in the Montserrat tour
- Montserrat cog-wheel train
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Julia Travel Office at Carrer de Balmes 5, Barcelona
- Children under 12 years old cannot participate in the tour
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour. Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- Tuesday and Thursday at 9.00am, from March to October
- Blackout dates: 14 August, 11 and 24 September
Off Week is probably one of the best weeks of the year if Techno music is a must in your day-to-day....
On June, our saturday will be burning with arrival of the Lou Lou Records x Bunny Tiger Showcase. Lo...
Expect the finest names in house & techno curated by RAXON alongside HITCH. We return to INPUT for o...
Sábado noche, UNMUTED en City Hall w/ Seb Zito Ever since Seb first discovered underground electroni...
Joris Voorn sits at the epicenter of the Dutch electronic music scene, the most renowned and instant...
SANTO WEEKEND by: Reggaeton Barcelona. Saturday, April 20 We are not very church, but this next week...