- Ride surrounded by centuries-old olive trees and dry stone walls
- Discover more about the olive oil production and its origins
- Enjoy a relaxing tour through nature while admiring the breathtaking landscapes
Enjoy a comfortable and relaxing bike tour through the countryside surrounded by centuries-old olive trees, typical dry stone walls, and rocky churches. You'll start by visiting the city of Monopoli. A beautiful city overlooking the Adriatic Sea that still preserves those distinctive traits that made it one of the most important maritime cities of Puglia. Visit its distinctive old town, dating back to the early Middle Ages, and the majestic cathedral.
Then, you'll leave the town and reach a famous farmhouse of the territory founded in the early 1900s and visit its underground oil mill to discover the secrets of the ancient art of the olive oil production. Then, visit the modern oil mill, situated within the farmhouse, where you'll learn about contemporary olive oil processing. Thereafter, you'll experience a short professional olive oil tasting produced by the farmhouse.
At the end of the visit, return to Monopoli through country roads and along a short stretch of the coast to admire the sea at sunset.
The places mentioned are connected to each other by beautiful contradas and countryside roads allowing tourists to discover unknown places. You'll ride surrounded by the scent of nature, among thousand-year-old olive trees and typical dry stone walls while admiring the breathtaking landscapes.
The e-bikes represent a new and eco-friendly means of transport and fully respects the environment. They are designed to allow anyone (children and seniors included) to cycle without effort thanks to a smart electric pedal-assist motor. These e-bikes can reach a maximum speed of 25 kilometers an hour, anything beyond that will cause them to work like normal bikes. The e-bikes can be used as standard bikes at any time.
- Professional English or Italian speaking tour guide
- Olive oil tasting
- The driver accident policy is not provided (contact the provider if you want to purchase it)
- Extra person costs
- Child 6-17
- Infant 2-5
Via Cristoforo Colombo, 70043 Monopoli BA, Italy
at the harbor
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- No particular clothing recommendation.
- E-bikes don't need any particular skills or licenses.
- The tour is suitable for all, including seniors and families with children. Children between ages 6 and 9 should have a minimum height of 130 m and a good familiarity with the bike.
- The driver accident policy is not provided. If interested, this is available to purchase on spot at an extra cost.
- The service is covered by an adequate insurance policy for damages to third parties.
- E-bike technical features: light and easy to manipulate, 60 kilometers of battery autonomy, 5 speeds: up to 25 kilometers an hour, 7 speed Shimano gear and high-quality brakes.
Tuesdays, 8 May- 30 October 2018
Departure time at 4:00 pm
Ostuni, a typical village in the province of Brindisi located on the foothills of the Murge plateau,...
Enjoy a private walking tour led by an expert guide and discover one of the most representative citi...
Start your day with a visit to the local market in Noci with your experienced and local chef to pick...
Learn more about the authentic local culture through its gastronomy and experience our hands-on Apul...
Enjoy the land of trulli on e-bike and discover the perfumes, colors and history of this amazing pla...
The creation of the Pino Pascali Museum dates back to 1998, following an important endowment from th...