- Discover the Pino Pascali Museum, first-prize winner as the best contemporary art foundation in Italy
- Visit a museum housed in a former restored municipal abattoir, the only one of its kind in the whole of Puglia
- Admire the works of Pino Pascali and Puglia's most important artists
The creation of the Pino Pascali Museum dates back to 1998, following an important endowment from the artist's family of his works and memorabilia. In 2010, with participation from the Puglia Region and the Municipality of Polignano a Mare, the museum became the Pino Pascali Foundation. The current headquarters is a former restored municipal slaughterhouse overlooking the sea.
The Foundation's activities are based around the figure of Pino Pascali, one of the most important exponents of Italian and international contemporary art in the 1960s, who died at the young age of 33 in Rome. Pascali has been a fundamental point of reference for the development of the museum's exhibition activities. The Foundation aims to offer the most eclectic vision of art possible, in line with the main avant-garde linguistic research of the moment. In addition to an abundance of works by Pino Pascali, the museum exhibits pieces by the most significant Pugliese painters and the works of the winning artists of the Pino Pascali Prize.
The permanent collection and temporary exhibitions gives the public a cultural offer that meets the most highly regarded museum standards in the world, so much so that it was awarded first-place as the Best Contemporary Art Foundation in Italy in 2013.
- Tickets for the museum
- Guided Tour
- Discounten tariff: children between 14 and 18 years of age, adults over 65, residents of the Municipality of Polignano a Mare, employees of the Puglia Region and the Municipality of Polignano a Mare, FAI members
- Free entrance: children up to 14 years of age, teachers and students of Art History and Academy of Fine Arts with a pass, journalists with a valid and accredited pass, tourist guides and interpreters, handicapped persons and their accompanying persons
Admission is free on every first Sunday of the month.
Via Parco del Lauro, 119, 70044 Polignano A Mare BA, Italy
The Pino Pascali Museum Foundation
- Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm / 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Monday: closed
- The ticket office closes half an hour before the museum.
Ostuni, a typical village in the province of Brindisi located on the foothills of the Murge plateau,...
Enjoy a private walking tour led by an expert guide and discover one of the most representative citi...
Start your day with a visit to the local market in Noci with your experienced and local chef to pick...
Learn more about the authentic local culture through its gastronomy and experience our hands-on Apul...
Enjoy the land of trulli on e-bike and discover the perfumes, colors and history of this amazing pla...
Your day trip begins at 10.00 with the pick up from your accommodation or a meeting point easy for y...