Beijing group tour of Mutianyu Great Wall and Forbidden City
- Full-day Beijing sightseeing tour with Forbidden City and Mutianyu Great Wall
- Gain insight into the Chinese imperial family while touring the Forbidden City
- Walk through Tiananmen Square to see 20th-century monuments to Chairman Mao
- Enjoy a relaxing visit to the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu
Your friendly local tour guide will pick you up from your Beijing downtown hotel lobby between 06:30 am – 08:00 am, get in a
comfortable coach to start the full-day Beijing trip of must-sees.
You will first come to see Tian’anmen Square and visit the Forbidden City, which serves not only the city's symbol but also the symbol of China. Forbidden City, also known as the Palace Museum, lies at the city center of Beijing, and once served as the imperial palace for 24 emperors during the Ming and Qing Dynasties (1368 - 1911).
In 1987, it was declared a World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO. Now it is one of the most visited museums in
the world and a must-see in Beijing for all travelers. Follow your guide to see the main building on the square and visit the Forbidden City along the central axis. Then you will visit a jade carving factory to see the unique carving craft and do some shopping.
After enjoying a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch in a local restaurant, continue to visit Mutianyu Great Wall which is famous for its breathtaking scenery, and is less crowded, thus a good destination on hot holidays for a Great Wall tour at ease. It winds 1.4 miles through lofty mountains and high ridges, and measures 23 to 26 feet high and four to five yards wide. There you may hike up on foot or take the cable car (at your own expense) up to the wall, stroll along with the ancient bricks and take amazing photos of the Great Wall.
On the way back, stop at a tea house to enjoy the tea ceremony and learn Chinese traditional tea culture. When the tour concludes you will be transferred back to your hotel.
- Air-conditioned tour coach
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance tickets
- Local lunch
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Great Wall cable car fee
- Gratuities (optional)
Beijing hotels within the North and East and West 3rd ring road, South 2nd ring road
During checkout, you will be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel for pick-up. The tour guide will contact you at your hotel one day in advance or leave a message to confirm the pick-up time.
- Please note: During high season and due to traffic conditions the duration of the tour may exceed 10 hours
- Cable car fee: MB100 (single way); RMB140 (return). To be paid on site
- The pick-up time varies based on hotel location, pickup sequence for different sightseeing, special traveling high season like April, May, July, August, September, October, any Holidays like May Day Holiday, National Holiday
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Important: To access the Great Wall is mandatory to show the passport. Remember to take it with you on the day of the tour
- The duration of the transfer is approximate and will depend on the traffic condition
- Please provide your hotel name, address and phone number at time of booking
- Passport name, number, birthdate and country are required at time of booking for all participants
- Every day except Mondays
- Pick-up from 6.30am - 8.00am
Unlike other Great Wall tours in Beijing, we focus on giving you an awesome, authentic small group e...
Your local guide will recommend some local snacks for sampling, and you’ll also have the chance try ...
Your friendly local tour guide will pick you up from your Beijing downtown hotel lobby at around 6:0...
Your friendly local tour guide will pick you up from your Beijing downtown hotel lobby between 06:30...
From the Tiananmen Square into the Forbidden City, to the Temple of Heaven, to the Olympic Parc – th...
This private tour will take you to one of the greatest sights of the world, the awe-inspiring Great ...