Alternative Berlin guided city tour
- Learn more about Berlin's street art, graffiti and alternative districts
- Get to know interesting facts about protests, riots and demonstrations in the past
- Step on places where a unique art and nightlife culture bud after the fall of the wall
- Let you inspire by your guide with tips on cultural activities, restaurants and nightlife
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity and became a magnet for non-conformists in search of an alternative lifestyle. Sub-cultures, squats, and graffiti art became part of Berlin’s distinct style, and with the fall of the Berlin Wall the scene didn’t disappear, it simply moved east.
Explore the gritty, grungy underground scene of the city that Berliners love! Witness the clash between corporate expansion & counter-culture.
Attention, an AB zone ticket, that you have to acquire on your own, is required.
- Guided city tour
- Entrance to the explained attractions
- AB zone ticket for the transfer
- Child (0-13 anni): free
- Student (with valid student's ID): reduced
Pariser Platz 6A, 10117 Berlin, Germany
The Berlin Alternative City Tour starts in East Berlin in front of the Starbucks at the Brandenburg Gate (S/U-Bahn Brandenburger Tor). Just look for the team in red SANDEMANs NEW Europe T-shirts!
- ATTENTION: This tour involves a transfer by local traffic. Please acquire a ticket for the city center zone AB before the tour starts
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 2:30pm
Why walk when you can ride with us? The best way to explore Berlin is on our exclusive Segways. Disc...
Discover Berlin’s ambivalent queer history, including both periods of celebration of sexual freedom ...
Learn more about the final battle in Berlin, World War II, Soviet Berlin, the Berlin Wall and urban ...
Learn more about the final battle for Berlin, the arrival of the Soviets in Berlin, the Cold War, th...
Enjoy a private history tour in the center of Berlin about the final offensive in WWII. This guided ...
Start/End: at your hotel in Berlin. Our guide and driver will meet you in the hotel lobby with a nam...