Gay Berlin walking tour with Schöneberg and Kreuzberg’s secrets
- Experience one of the most avant-garde cities in the world
- Enjoy a private walking tour of Berlin
- Let your gay and lesbian tour guides show you the city
Berlin's nightlife still echoes the years when the city was the first and most shining beacon of tolerance, in the late 1920s and early 1930s. Nowadays there are two important gay neighborhoods in the districts of Schöneberg and Kreuzberg (both in the western part of Berlin). Most of the gay hotels, bars, cafes and shops in Berlin are located in the Schöneberg district which had dance halls for men already back in the 1920s. Explore this fascinating intercultural city with a private guide.
Berlin is the queer capital of Europe and has been a pioneer of gay and lesbian rights since the late 19th century. During this tour, you will explore Berlin’s gay neighborhoods with your gay/lesbian guide.
Get to know Schöneberg, home of Marlene Dietrich and chronicled by Christopher Isherwood and Otto Dix. Visit the Eldorado, one of Berlin’s oldest gay and transvestite bars. Visit a memorial to the homosexuals persecuted by the Nazis and find out how openly queer and transgendered individuals found assistance. Then continue with public transportation to the vibrant neighborhood of Kreuzberg to get a feel of what life is like today for gay individuals in Berlin. Find out how queer figures from the Prussian King Frederick the Great to openly gay mayor Klaus Wowereit have shaped the history of Berlin, a city which still believes a “kiss-in” to be the best form of protest. The tour finishes near the Gay Museum. After the tour enjoy a delicious Beer tasting together with a typical Brezel salty bread.
- Gay or lesbian tour guide
- German beer and brezel tasting (2 small beers + 1 piece brezel)
- City taxes
Alexanderpl. 7, 10178 Berlin, Germany
Your guide will wait for you in Alexanderplatz holding a rainbow sign with your name on it.
- Please check before booking the closing dates for the selected museums. If included museums are closed, you will be refunded the amount of that museum or choose an alternative one to visit
- The tour is available in English, German, Spanish, French and Italian
- Your booking will be confirmed within 48 hours
- If you would like to book a tour for 6-10 people, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to organize it
- Daily at 9.00am or 3.00pm
El año de la Reunificación Alemana, 1990, significó para Potsdam convertirse en Patrimonio de la Hum...
La mejor manera de entender, disfrutar y aproximarse a Berlín es su historia. En un solo tour podrás...
Erfahre mehr über die Stadtentwicklung im sozialistischen Ostberlin und besichtige das zentrale sowj...
"Pack die Badehose ein, nimm dein kleines Schwesterlein und dann nischt wie raus nach Wannsee" Lerne...
Tradition and innovation. Structure and freedom. Monochrome and vibrant colour. All can be utterly f...
bundesliga germany: Hertha BSC Berlin - VfL Wolfsburg 02-02-2019 Südtorweg, 14053 Berlin, Germany De...