Private second world war tour through past and present
- Visit the famous Holocaust memorial and other must-sees
- Discover hidden gems that only the locals know
- 100% private with great insights and currywurst
Dive into the rich history of Berlin with your favorite local! Get amazing insights about the city’s WWII past, see the main highlights and discover some of its hidden gems! In this Withlocals Originals tour we combined the main attractions of Berlin with a few amazing spots known only by locals to give you the perfect historical journey through the city! Want to add anything to your route? No worries, this tour can be 100% personalized to suit your own wishes!
Begin your tour at the New Synagogue and head to the Palace of Tears to hear the story of East Berliners traveling to West Berlin after the wall went down. Here you'll get to learn all about the strong effects the war has brought to the city. As you arrive at the most important landmark of Berlin, the Brandenburg Gate. take in its strong meaning. This world-known gate now symbolizes an unified city.
Continue with a unique experience at the Holocaust Memorial - commemorates the millions of Jewish victims. Your guide will give you insights on the monument helping you taking in the atmosphere around it.
Move on to Hitler’s Bunker, find out the story behind: What happened to Germany’s past leader? and Head to the modern side of the city as you start noticing the contrast of the past and the present. This is the perfect time to stop for a delicious Currywurst snack and a nice relaxing break.
Enjoy great architectural views at the stunning Gendarmenmarkt, Bebelplatz and Museum Island, a UNESCO World heritage.The last part of your tour will include some amazing hidden gems, only known by locals.Check out a vibrant urban quarter in the Mitte district, the Missing house at Große Hamburger Strasse and an amazing dance hall in the heart of Berlin. End your tour in an idyllic environment - the courtyard complex Heckmann Höfe as you get back to the New Synagogue.
This is the plan:
- Stop 1 - New Synagogue - admire one of Berlin's most significant Jewish landmarks
- Stop 2 - Tränenpalast - full of stories and the main departure point for travelers from the former East Germany to West Berlin
- Stop 3 - Reichstag building - admire beautiful, impressive architecture of Berlin
- Stop 4 - Brandenburger Gate - a key point, full of history and meaning
- Stop 5 - Holocaust monument - get inspired and outside of your comfort zone by its awesome grey soberness
- Stop 6 - Hitler’s Bunker - listen to a less known story
- Stop 7 - Potsdamer Platz - get a taste of modern, urban, renewed Berlin
- Stop 8 - Typisch Berlin - Have a delicious currywurst break and get ready for more awesomeness
- Stop 9 - Checkpoint Charlie - one of the iconic images of political and territorial division marked by the Berlin Wall
- Stop 10 - Bebelplatz - find out the story of the infamous "book burning" organised by the Nazis
- Stop 11 - Gendarmenmarkt - a beautiful, architectural, must-see for all visitors of Berlin
- Stop 12 - Hakischen Höfe - enjoy a vibrant urban quarter combining art, work, gastronomy and entertainment, also full of hidden gems
- Stop 13 - Heckmann Höfe - a calm, cozy, hidden square, away from the urban agitation
- Private local guide
- Delicious sausage (currywurst)
- Other food and drinks
- Pick-up service
Outside of the S-Bahn sation in Oranienburger Straße
- This tour is a private tour, the price changes depending on the number of participants. You can come in a group of 2-5 people
- Be ready to walk a lot
- You can ask for a starting time during the booking, otherwise we'll book the earliest
- The default language is English
- Please indicate your preferred starting time during the booking
- Departures are available between 9 am-7.30pm
This cruise on the Spree in Berlin is the perfect option for you, if you want to see as much of Berl...
Experience the inner City of Berlin from Friedrichstrasse. Their attractions from the river perspect...
Eine einmalige Situation ergab sich nach dem Fall der Mauer in Berlin: inmitten einer bestehenden Gr...
Lassen Sie sich von uns vom Checkpoint Charlie über den Potsdamer Platz und den letzten original Wac...
bundesliga: Hertha BSC Berlin - Eintracht Frankfurt 08-12-2018 Südtorweg, 14053 Berlin, Germany Deli...
bundesliga: Hertha BSC Berlin - VfL Wolfsburg 02-02-2019 Südtorweg, 14053 Berlin, Germany Delivery T...