Private tour of Berlin's green Tiergarten district
- Enjoy an exciting mix of cultural and urban landscape architectures of the Tiergarten district
- Take a ride on a vintage-style electric carriage as you tour historical points of interest
- See around Tiergarten including the Berlin Philharmonic, House of the World's Cultures, Bellevue Castle
At the end of the 17th century, elector Friedrich III had his former hunting area transformed into a pleasure garden for his subjects. This park is known as Tiergarten.
The park, which covers an area of approximately 200 hectares, has been redesigned several times. The famous landscape gardener Peter Joseph Lenné transformed the garden into an English-styled public park in 1833.
The park experienced its most significant transformation, however, during World War II and in the years to follow. It had been severely damaged as a result of fierce fights in the center of Berlin. In its aftermath, Berlin suffered strong winters and little supply of firewood; a result of cutting down trees. Reforestation was only possible through tree donations from other German cities.
Today, scars of the war are no longer visible. Tiergarten is Berlin's central green lung amidst other attractions of the city. Around Tiergarten you will find many places of interest such as the Victory Column, the Office of the Federal President, Haus der Kulturen and the Carillon.
There are numerous monuments and memorials in the park such as the German Resistance Memorial Center, Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht Memorial.
In addition to several lakes including Neuer See and Tiergartengewässer with the Louise Island, there are many well restored bridges and pavilions. Another lake is located in the "English Garden" where you will also find a teahouse. Particularly, the summer is a pleasurable time to sit on the large terrace of the teahouse and enjoy the scenery.
- Pariser Platz
- Unter den Linden
- Holocaust-Denkmal/Holocaust memorial
- Potsdamer Platz
- Sony Center, Philharmonie/Berlin Philharmonic
- Matthäikirche/ Church of Matthew
- National-Galerie/National Gallery
- Gedenkstätte Deutscher Widerstand/Memorial of the German Resistance
- Luiseninsel im Tiergarten Botschafter-Viertel/Embassy district
- Siegessäule/Victory Column
- Schloss Bellevue/Bellevue Castle, Haus der Kulturen der Welt/House of World Cultures
- Reichstag and Brandenburger Tor/Brandenburg Gate
Please meet your guide at Brandenburg Gate, Pariser Platz in front of the Hotel Adlon.
- Daily from 10.00am-8.00pm
- Please see calendar for possible dates/times
Enjoy moving classical music presented by the Berlin Residence Orchestra in the stylish and historic...
You need to relax between one tour and the other, but you don't want to stop sightseeing? So come an...
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity ...
Perfect for all first-time Berlin explorers and for those that want to experience the beautiful city...
First time in Berlin? This is the perfect tour for you! Visit all of Berlin’s most famous sights and...
Experience the surrealistic world of Salvador Dalí, let an experienced guide show you the artwork of...