Underground and experimental music scene experience in Berlin
- Operate a custom built surround sound system
- Create your own experimental music sample
- Chill in the artsy underground studio
- Get tips on Berlin venues and current experimental events
Sneak into the real Berlin underground! Meet a sound engineer, actively involved in the experimental scene of the city. Visit his laboratory, engage in a sound production session, move sound in space and create your own experimental music sample.
Your Berlin adventure will begin when you arrive at the studio located in the heart of Neukölln district, loved by the local artists, musicians and hipsters. The studio where the event takes place was refurbished from an old pharmacy space. You will make yourself comfortable on the sofa and hand made black metal chairs. There will be beverages available and if you like you can have a drink.
The host will share the story of the place and tell you about some treasures and skeletons found during the construction works. He will make a brief introduction into the history of experimental music. You will hear and watch some footage and audio samples that illustrate the development of the movement and trace the influences in the contemporary electronic music.
Next you will see the surround sound system (acousmonium) built for playing "musique concrète" style compositions. You will take over the controls and play with the system moving the sound in space. After you have had enough fun with acousmonium using different music samples you will move all together to the basement where the recording and DIY workshops reside. Your host will show you some music instruments he has built, and explain the principles behind.
You will engage in a sound production session using different DIY instruments, objects and equipment to record your own experimental sample. You don't have to know how to play any music instrument for that. The goal of the session is to unleash your creativity and enjoy.
You will be thrilled by the magic of producing sounds "with your own hands" and amazed by the sample you will record. The download link for the sample will be send out to you a couple of days after the event.
At the end of the event the host will share some tips on the cosy hipster bars next door, experimental music venues and upcoming events in Berlin.
Note: this is a small group event.
- Control the custom built surround sound system (acousmonium) and learn to move sound in space (workshop)
- Learn why, how and when experimental music has originated and how it has shaped the modern music landscape
- Get exposed to some crazy samples of audio and video footage
- Recording your own experimental sample
- Have fun with self-made music instruments, and record your own experimental music sample (workshop)
- Chill in the artsy studio converted from an old pharmacy space
- Get tips on the upcoming experimental music events and venues in Berlin
- Drinks (can be purchased next door)
Exit the Leinestr. Ubahn station in the direction of Okerstr. You will see Aldi supermarket on the corner. Continue up the Okerstr. for 2 minutes, you will see the studio with vintage electric equipment in the big window on the left side of the street
- Please note: this experience is not wheelchair accessible due to steep stairs to the recording studio
- Only adapted for small groups
- Thursdays and Fridays: at 2.00pm
- Saturday - Wednesday: at 6pm
Discover Kreuzberg, Prenzlauer Berg, Friedrichshain, alternative lifestyles, streetlife, markets, ba...
Experience the inner City of Berlin from Friedrichstrasse. Their attractions from the river perspect...
Eine einmalige Situation ergab sich nach dem Fall der Mauer in Berlin: inmitten einer bestehenden Gr...
Lassen Sie sich von uns vom Checkpoint Charlie über den Potsdamer Platz und den letzten original Wac...
bundesliga germany: Hertha BSC Berlin - VfL Wolfsburg 02-02-2019 Südtorweg, 14053 Berlin, Germany De...
Kreuzberg, im Herzen Berlins, ist ein Sinnbild für die bewegte Historie der Hauptstadt, Anziehungspu...