1855 is the magic number for Bordeaux lovers. This tour is dedicated to the 1855 Great Growths chateaux in Medoc, 3 of them will be visited each week. You will learn all about history of the Grands Crus Classés, the terroir, the grape varieties to the art of tasting.
Your program for the day:
- 09.15am - departure from the BordeauxTourist Office
- 11.00am - visit a first property around the notions of terroir, grape varieties and winemaking, followed by a tasting of two wines
- 01.00pm - visit of second property learning how to marry food and wine and French style lunch
- 03.30pm - visit of a property and tasting and focus on 1855 classification
- 06.30pm - return to Bordeaux (arrival time)
*Château Lascombes, château Marquis de Terme, château Prieuré-Lichine, château Desmirail (Margaux), château Léoville Poyferré, château Branaire-Ducru (Saint-Julien), château La Tour Carnet , château de Camensac & château Cantemerle (Haut-Médoc), château Haut-Bages Libéral & château Lynch-Moussas (Pauillac). are the Châteaux likely to be visited (3 each Wednesday).