Graves Sauternes cabriolet self-guided tour
Discover the vineyards of the Graves and Sauternes region on a day-long tour, at your own pace.
At the wheel of your cabriolet convertible equipped with a GPS tablet guide take a drive through the Graves countryside, Montesquieu’s native region. Make a stop at Château de la Brède, home of this great philosopher. Enter the remarkable Sauternes region, famous for its sweet wines around the world. Two Great Growth châteaux will welcome you: a Pessac-Léognan and a Sauternes classified properties. And naturally, you will have the opportunity to taste their wine.
You will discover the Graves wine region, birthplace of Bordeaux wines, dotted with family estates as well as the most prestigious Pessac-Léognan names. A Grand Cru Classé estate will welcome you to take a tour of its property, wine storehouses and fermenting room, and demonstrate its expertise in making Bordeaux’s finest wines. On the way to Sauternes you will go through the Landes de Gascogne forest and discover a sort of sea of forestry unaffected by the passing of time. You will discover the secrets of Sauternes’ liquorous wine-making and your visit will off course also be topped off with a wine tasting! On the way back, you will cross over to the right bank and drive along charming roads through the rolling countryside of the Entre-deux-Mers region and its medieval bastide towns. Would you like to treat yourself to lunch at a village inn or a gastronomic restaurant? It’s up to you! Great local restaurants are indicated throughout your trip… You are guided but free to make stops or detours as and when you please.
Bring along some friends for an even more enjoyable driving experience: several moving vehicles can be linked together, so you remain in control of your own tour! The cars tell stories. More than mere automobiles, the company offers an unparalleled tourist experience through an audio-guided GPS tour with fun and interactive multimedia as a couple or amongst friends.
Example of a programme:
- 09:30: departure from la Cité du Vin in Bordeaux
- 10:00: you will be reaching your first vines
- 11:30: wine tasting visit in a Pessac-Léognan classified château*
- 12:30: Free lunch (not included)
- 13:30: drive through the Landes de Gascogne forest to reach Sauternes
- 15:00: wine tasting visit in a Sauternes Great Growth château**
- 16:00: road back along the right bank of the Garonne
- 18:30: arrival in Bordeaux
*Château: Carbonnieux, Smith Haut-Lafitte, Olivier
**Château Guiraud, Rayne-Vigneau
- Full-day car rental, Multi-risk insurance, Fuel
- Multimedia tablet guide ine English, French, Spanish and German
- Wine tastings
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Children, youth and students
38, quai de Bacalan - 33000 Bordeaux
Meet us 15 minutes before departure at 38, quai de Bacalan, next to the "Les Hangars" tramway station, line B.
- A minimum of 2 people per vehicle is required. Vehicles can't be booked for 1 person only
- Drivers must be at least 21 years of age and have a standard French Driver's License, a European Union Driver's License or an equivalent international license for more than a year. Please note that the gearbox is manual
- Minimum drinking age is 18
- Available for children over 15 kilos (33 lb)
- Tall people of more than 6'1/4 (1,90m) may experience driving difficulties
- You can change your booking, free of charge, up to 24 hours before the date and time of the booking
- A full refund is guaranteed up to 2 days before the date and time of the booking
- Every day
Departure at 09:00am
Fabrice Eboué Plus rien à perdre Plus rien à perdre... Fabrice Eboué se lâche comme jamais dans ce n...
DEPUIS 2009, DEJA PLUS DE 500.000 MELOMANES A TRAVERS L'EUROPE ONT ASSISTE A CE CONCERT D'EXCEPTION....
Le célèbre groupe de percussions urbaines proposera un tout nouveau spectacle accompagné de Franky C...
GUILLAUME BATS - HORS CADRE La bête noire de l'humour est de retour avec son spectacle décapant. Est...
LE BAL DES ENRAGES - 10 ans ! Avec les membres de : Tagada Jones, Parabellum, Loudblast, Lofofora, P...