Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum
- Bring the children for an educational and entertaining look into American history
- Celebrate the memorable night by participating in professional reenactments
- Visit the museum to see memorabilia from the Boston Tea Party
What happened in December of 1773 in the Boston Harbor is known as one of the most important events in the history of the USA. It was on this night that a group of colonists became enraged, inspired and ultimately reacted to unfair taxation laws by throwing more than 300 crates of tea into the harbor. Now you can travel back in time to be a part of all the action.
The Boston Tea Party ships and museum sits on a floating barge on the Congress Street Bridge. It includes authentically restored replicas of the original tea ships and an array of fascinating exhibits that are fully interactive. While you’re visiting, you’ll have the opportunity to witness dramatic reenactments by professional historians and even throw tea overboard as they did on that unforgettable night. Tour the museum to gain an understanding of what happened, how and why, and get a feel for how the patriots felt when they began their opposition to win America’s freedom.
See an original tea chest that has been passed down for generations dating back 230 years, experience the multi-sensory film “Let it Begin Here”, a one-of-a-kind epic film that brings you into all the action and even stop in for a cup of tea in Abigail’s Tea Room.
- Boston Tea Party Ships
- The Boston Museum
- Children 4-12 years old
- Children under 4 are free
306 Congress St, Boston, MA 02210, USA
- Your ticket can be used anytime during opening hours
- Museum open daily 10.00am-4.00pm off-season; 10.00am-5.00pm in-season.
- Gift Shop and Abigail’s Tea Room open: 9.00am-5.00p off-season; 9.00am-6.00pm in-season
- Runs every 30 minutes off season; every 15 minutes in season
Save up to 35% on admission to attractions and tours of your choice with the Boston Explorer Pass. O...
Enjoy a three-hour, fully-narrated and guided tour of the gorgeous city of Boston! Stop for photos a...
History comes alive in Plymouth, America's Hometown, where 17th-century life is reenacted by Pilgrim...
Harvard Square is the historic center of Cambridge and also has been a hotbed of culture throughout ...
This gastronomical food adventures gives you the opportunity to sample food from many local Davis Sq...
This full-day Boston bus tour begins in the historic city center! The first stop of the day will be ...