Enjoy an hour-long walking tour at the world's most prestigious university! Led by charismatic MIT students, this tour allows guests to fully experience the university culture. You'll learn about MIT's roots in Boston, its growth and even famous alumni inventions.
Excursions & day trips
Walking tour of MIT
Availability: Please see calendar for current offerings
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 1 hour 10 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Learn about MIT history, culture and alumni
- Visit one of the most interesting campuses in the world
- Speak with students and hear their perspectives
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- MIT student guide
- Free map of Cambridge and Boston
- Written language translations available in Spanish and Mandarin (available for purchase)
What's not included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to and from meeting point
- Food or drink
- Infant ages 3 and under: free
- Child/Student ages 4-17: reduced
- Senior ages 60+: reduced
300 Main Street, Cambridge MA 02138
Kendall Square outside the Kendall/MIT Red Line Subway Station (look for the big orange letters "KSQ" and staff member in a straw hat)
What to remember
- Tours cover about a mile of ground
- Full-text translations are offered in Spanish and Mandarin (including photographs of each stop) for those who request them
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.