- Visit the biggest bear sanctuary in Europe
- Explore Bran Castle, the most visited medieval fortress in Romania
- Discover Brasov's old town, one of the biggest in the southern part of the Austrian - Hungarian Empire
Brasov is one of the first seven cities built in Transylvania by the Saxons in the 13th century and became the most important economic center of the empire shortly after. Its richness attracted many merchants from all ever Europe and the Middle East, but also a lot of trouble. First, Tartars coming from the north-east of Asia across the Eural mountains, and later the Ottamans and the Austrians and Turkish again. They all wanted a piece of this wonderful town!
Bran Castle is the most visited military fortress, built by the Saxons in the 14th century, and is believed to be the house of Count Dracula, a ruthless Wallachian King who faught against the Turkish invasion in Europe for most of his life. In 1897, Bram Stoker, an Irish writer, released the novel Dracula and made our hero famous world wide.
The Bear Sanctuary is found in Zarnesti, a small town between Brasov and Bran Castle. Its existence is due to a group of great people who managed to convince the mayor of Zarnesti to donate almost 60 ha ( ~ 6.5 mil square feet) of land, a location used now to host almost 100 bears gathered from closed zoos and circuses from across the country. These bears, used to life with humans, don't hibernate. It is a spectacular opportunity to see brown bears playing in the snow, as so often happens here!
- Entry fees
- Guided tour with an expert tour guide
- Round trip transportation
- Lunch at a traditional Romanian restaurant in Bran
- Alcoholic drinks
- Children: reduced
- Students: reduced
- Please note: Children under seven years of age are not allowed inside the bear sanctuary
Piata Sfatului 30, Brasov 500025, Romania
At the fountain in front of the City Council House
- A small amount of walking is involved - please dress comfortably
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Children under seven years of age are NOT allowed inside the bear sanctuary
- Monday to Sunday at 9.00am
Bran Castle is one of the most visited locations in Romania. Built in the 14th century by the Hungar...
Traveling in Romania, Bran Castle is a must see! According to the Irish writer Bram Stoker, this was...
Traveling in Romania, Transylvania is a must see, and Brasov is one of the most beautiful cities in ...
Once traveling to Romania, visiting Transylvania is a must! Your guide will meet you at the Council ...
Romania is not all about castles and fortresses, but they are a big part of its history. Peles, one ...
Visit the largest brown bear sanctuary in the world! Start your tour at Maya's monument and hear the...