Thanks to the relatively low level of human intervention, Romania has become home to the largest brown bear population in Europe. Here, in the heart of the Carpathian mountains, you have the chance to observe these majestic animals in their natural habitat. Spot brown bears with the professional assistance of the ranger escort and guide accompanying you. Learn about their biology and behavior through the detailed commentary and enjoy the scenic drive from Brasov and back.
- Drive to a forest situated 10 minutes from Brașov and walk to a specially designed bear hide
- Wait quietly for the bears to arrive
- Usually, the bears arrive just minutes after you get there but on rare occasions, the animals might be there already, so please keep quiet and don’t scare them
- Take photos and learn interesting facts about the lives of these animals
- Sometimes it is possible to see other animals too: wild boars, deer, lynx or even wolves
- Get back to the car and leave the area just before darkness falls