Day trip to Ruse and Northern Bulgaria from Bucharest
- Stroll down the main streets of Ruse, created by eminent European architects
- Enter Ruse Regional Museum of History showcasing an extensive collection of artifacts
- Visit Holy Trinity Church - the oldest in the city, most of which is located under the ground
- See the Roman Fortress of Sexaginta Prista
Explore the main highlights of the "Vienna of the East" in a day tour to Ruse and Northern Bulgaria from Bucharest.
Your guide will introduce you the main highlights of Ruse starting from the Svoboda (Freedom) Square, spreading right in the heart of the city. Dominated by the huge Monument to Freedom, adorned with beautiful little park and fountains, the square still preserves the ambience of the old times. There are dozens of buildings which have European heritage label and you will marvel at them during a walking tour. The sights will only convince you that Ruse was called the most European city in Bulgaria for a reason. It manages to combine several architectural styles, yet still giving the feeling of harmony.
Stop near the Girdap - first privately owned bank in the country, Opera House, School of Music, Hotel Plaza Charlino, Regional Library Building and more. You will lose track of time when visiting the oldest church of Ruse - Holy Trinity Church. The edifice, constructed during the Ottoman rule and aiming to be as unobtrusive as possible, goes below the ground level and has a 19 meters tall bell tower next to it. Bulgarian rich history and traditions will be revealed to you during the visit to Ruse Historical Museum. It occupies a former local court building and has an exposition of around 140,000 items, many of which date back to prehistoric times.
The Roman Fortress of Sexaginta Prista, overlooking the Danube River, was once a mighty strategic Roman fort. One can still see the remains of walls and columns nowadays. Your guide will walk you through centuries of history to bring the place back to life. The tour will end in a relaxing walk near the majestic Danube River. It not only gives the city its’ romantic look but also defines Ruse as a significant transport, logistics, business and cultural centre of Bulgaria. You can enjoy a breathtaking panorama before departing back to Bucharest full of exceptional memories.
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Transportation by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up or convenient meeting point
- Entrance tickets
- Lunch expenses
- Seniors aged (65-99): reduced
- Students aged (8-25): reduced
- Childrens aged (4-7): reduced
Please confirm the pick-up place directly with the local operator 24 hours before departure.
- The tour includes a 4-5 hour walking tour of the city, make sure your physical condition allows longer walking before making the reservation
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Maximum group size of 17 people
- Participants must be at least 4 years old
- A minimum of 2 participants is required for the tour to operate
- In the unlikely event that the minimum is not met the tour will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Note pick-up is provided from Bucharest selected centrally located hotels
- The tour company is not responsible for any delays caused by traffic or any other unpredictable conditions
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 9.00am
- Please be ready in the lobby of the hotel with 5 minutes before the established pick-up time
Romania is not all about castles and fortresses, but they are a big part of its history. Peles, one ...
Bucharest is definitely a fascinating city for anyone crossing its borders. But there is more to see...
Discover in half a day the history, culture and best sights of Bucharest You may be staying in Bucha...
Explore hundreds of years of history in this amazing two-hour tour of Bucharest.This amazing two-hou...
Discover the most fascinating wine cellars in Romania.The trip sets off from Bucharest in the mornin...
Get comfortable as you are transferred in style in a private vehicle with English-speaking driver fr...