- Get an overview of the Hungarian cuisine, culture and history through a local's perspective
- Try real Hungarian specialties in many food tastings at different venues
- Enjoy top quality Hungarian craft beers in a local bar
Explore Budapest and its cuisine with a native and local guide. The walking tour starts by visiting traditional Hungarian food producers at a local market in downtown Budapest with several tasting possibilities. Taste, eat and enjoy the stories of how Hungarian families used to produce their traditional ingredients. You will have a chance to see how locals make “lángos”, the very special fried bread, and can learn how real Hungarians eat it.
The tour continues with a visit into a local butcher’s shop, where you can experience the various meat products with delicious pickled vegetables. Throughout the journey your guide will introduce you to traditions, curiosities and unforgettable stories of how much Hungarians love to eat.
Wandering in downtown Budapest area the tour visits a small family owned patisserie with a hidden courtyard, which gives you a quick peek into the treasures of Budapest. You definitely want to see it!
The tour will end with a tasting of different beers at a local brewery while your guide introduces you to the culture of Hungarian beers with some exciting stories connected to the country’s history.
- English speaking guide
- Generous food and drink tastings
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point
- Children ages 3-12: reduced rate
- Infants ages 0-2: free
- Students ages 13-26: reduced rate with a valid student ID
Meeting point is in 1054 Budapest Báthory u. 22.
- Important notice: The tour provider is trying to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs they cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited
- Please note that the minimum number of participants for the tour to run is 2. In an unlikely situation that this requirement is not met, you will be offered a full refund
- Guests under 18 are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, they will be served soft drinks instead
- Participants will need to be fit for light walking for up to 4 hours, with breaks
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier is not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents
- Tour operates on various days, please check the calendar for details
- From 1 February to 31 March tour operates on Fridays at 2.00pm
- From 1 April to 31 October on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays at 3.00pm
- From 1 November to 31 January on Fridays at 2.00pm
Discover all the most important sights in Budapest with your tour guide during a 3 hour city tour. L...
Follow the footprints of the famous Empress Sisi and explore Gödöllo Palace, the former summer resid...
Visit the illuminated ‘Paris of the East’ and spend a memorable evening in a traditional Hungarian r...
Being the city with the largest active Jewish community of Central Europe, Budapest has much to show...
See the beautiful city center of Budapest on an interactive segway tour in a small group that gives ...
“Paris of the East” is one of the most famous sentences used when describing Budapest at night. The ...