Budapest street food experience with craft beer tasting
- Get an overview of the Hungarian cuisine, culture and history through a local's perspective
- Try real Hungarian specialties in many food tastings at different venues
- Enjoy top quality Hungarian craft beers in a local bar
Explore Budapest and its cuisine with a local guide. During your walking tour you’ll visit a local market in downtown Budapest and sampling different fares of some traditional Hungarian food producers. Along the way, you’ll hear stories of how Hungarian families cook or make their favorite traditional dishes. Also you’ll have a chance to see how locals make ‘lángos’, the very special fried bread that is much loved in Central Europe.
Wandering in downtown Budapest the tour visits a sweet shop, cheese specialist, a butcher for tasting some sausages and pickles and a shop for tasting the chimney cake.
Because Hungarians love their meat served with a side of to go with it, the tour includes a visit to a local butcher’s shop. From a selection of fine cold cut products, you can indulge in various types served with a delicious selection of pickled vegetables. Throughout this culinary journey, your guide will explain the traditions, customs and unforgettable stories of how much Hungarians love to eat!
Your tour concludes with a tasting of different craft beers at a local pub. Whilst there, your guide will fill you in on the background with Hungarian beers along with some exciting stories connected to the country’s history.
- English speaking guide
- Generous food and drink tastings
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
- Children ages 3-12: reduced rate
- Infants ages 0-2: free
- Students ages 13-26: reduced rate with a valid student ID
Budapest, Lázár utca 16, 1054 Hungary
The guide awaits you at the Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16, just behind the Opera House
- Important notice: The tour provider is trying to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs they cannot guarantee that this will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited
- Please note that the minimum number of participants for the tour to run is 2. In an unlikely situation that this requirement is not met, you will be offered a full refund
- Guests under 18 are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, they will be served soft drinks instead
- Participants will need to be fit for light walking for up to 3.5 hours, with breaks
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier is not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 2.00pm
Get on the culinary side of Budapest have an up-close look at the most important icon of the city be...
Many people know that Hungary is a country blessed with an abundance of thermal springs. But only fe...
Enjoy a convenient private transfer to or from your hotel in Budapest in an air-conditioned vehicle ...
Each tour starts with a practice session of around 20 minutes, this isn't part of your tour time. Le...
See the remnants of Communism in the capital of Hungary as they come alive in front of your eyes thr...
Discover the Jewish heritage of Budapest with a passionate guide.Explore one of the most popular are...